Corporate Marketing Engineer
The Corporate Marketing Engineer role is a great entry point into Mentor Graphics. As a technical professional, you will work with cross-functional teams in Sales, Application Engineers, Marketing, and Customer Support to uncover customer’s technical needs and sales potential. In today's workforce, an Engineer with both the technical aptitude and the ability to engage with customers is highly sought after, no matter what career path you take in the future. This position offers great visibility within the organization and a potential career path as a Sales Applications Engineer (AE), Technical Marketing Engineer (TME), or Customer Support Applications Engineer. Over the past seven years, 80% of employees in this role advanced into key technical roles at Mentor Graphics within two years.
Current Corporate Marketing Engineer Openings:
- BSCS/CE/EE or MSCS/CE/EE
- Demonstrated experience with PCB schematic and layout tools or the ability to quickly learn required
- Knowledge of VHDL/Verilog recommended
- Visual Basic programming experience helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very self-motivated and results-oriented
- Able to meet specific quota goals and performance deliverables each quarter
- Inquisitive and good problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Previous experience interacting directly with prospects in a business environment a plus
- Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
- Status: Full-time employee
- Including 24+ vacation days per year
You'll be at the helm of innovative product introductions and responsible for showing the world just what makes Mentor Graphics so groundbreaking. Couple this with competitive pay and a very competitive benefits package (including 24+ vacation days per year), and it's not hard to see why Mentor Graphics is a leader in the industry.
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics® is a technology leader in electronic design automation (EDA), providing software and hardware design solutions that enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. The company offers innovative products and solutions that help engineers overcome the design challenges they face in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design. Mentor Graphics has the broadest industry portfolio of best-in-class products and is the only EDA company with an embedded software solution.
- Publicly held (NASDAQ: MENT)
- Founded 1981, headquartered in Wilsonville, Oregon, USA
- 4,350 employees
- Revenue in last reported 12 months: over $915 million
- World-class research and development - 28 engineering sites worldwide
- High-touch, global distribution channel - 48 sales offices around the world
- Strategic partnerships with leading electronics manufacturers, semiconductor and electronic design suppliers for development of new design solutions and methodologies
- World Wide Web address - www.mentor.com
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving revenue by uncovering leads for sales
- Engage key decision makers (engineers) in a technical conversation to learn about their design environment
- Perform a technical screen to assess sales potential, and recommend tool solutions for their design challenges.
- Call (via telephone) prospects at the direction of Account Managers (ex: upgrades, cross sell, prospecting) in addition to following up on people engaging with Mentor’s web site