Mentor Graphics hires recent college graduates for a number of positions in areas ranging from software development to corporate applications engineering.
Software Development Engineer
Apply computer science background to the specification, design, development, and maintenance of a wide variety of application and utility software for computer aided engineering and design tools. Position requires experience in "C" and "C++" software development on UNIX or Windows NT platforms. May also include pre- and post-sales technical support to customers and field teams. Location: Oregon and California
- Specify, design, develop and maintain a wide variety of application or utility software for computer-aided engineering and design tools.
- Work with team to clarify what should be built, and how to test it.
- Develop software based on functional and architectural specifications according to established quality and process standards.
- Algorithm development and coding
- Test modules
- Input on future product development
- Write status reports
- Participate in goal setting
- Technical skills to include: C or C++, Commercial EDA/CAD package experience, UNIX, Windows NT, Java, Object oriented design,
- BS in CS/EE/CE -OR- Master level degree in CS with undergraduate in Engineering
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Responsibilities include the design, documentation and implementation of interactive and automatic tests for graphical and algorithmic C++ applications in a UNIX based environment. Track the defects found by these tests and do analysis of these tests. Will work closely with development engineering to ensure quality products and product development. Location: Oregon and California
- Operates basic test environment
- Learns to develop tests that are well structured, in an appropriate language, and documented and adhere to applicable quality assurance and portability standards
- Specify, design, develop and maintain tests for a wide variety of application or utility software for computer-aided engineering and design tools.
- Work with team to clarify how software should be built in order to ensure quality and testability.
- Develop test case based on functional and architectural specifications according to established quality and process standards.
- BS (CS, CE or EE) and experience in QA or C/C++ software under UNIX and Windows NT or equivalent experience in QA
- Software testing of application in C/C++, Sun/HP UNIX environments
Associate Rotation Engineer
In this position, you will be involved in a structured yearlong Associate Rotation Engineer Training Program. This is a fast-track training program that challenges you to develop the expertise needed to solve difficult technical problems.
Associate Rotational Engineers are members of a team of highly motivated individuals working with customers designing the most complex hardware and software systems in the world and whose applications span the electronics industry. This training program will give you unique insight into our technical marketing and product support divisions as well as our sales organization. Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be eligible to advance into one of these organizations. Post program opportunities include Field Application Engineer, Corporate Applications Engineer and Technical Marketing Engineer positions.
Corporate Marketing Engineer
The Corporate Marketing Engineer role is a great entry point into Mentor Graphics. As a technical professional, you will work with cross-functional teams in Sales, Application Engineers, Marketing, and Customer Support to uncover customer’s technical needs and sales potential. In today's workforce, an Engineer with both the technical aptitude and the ability to engage with customers is highly sought after, no matter what career path you take in the future.
This position offers great visibility within the organization and a potential career path as a Sales Applications Engineer (AE), Technical Marketing Engineer (TME), or Customer Support Applications Engineer.
Over the past seven years, 80% of employees in this role advanced into key technical roles at Mentor Graphics within two years.