MGC hires recent college graduates for a number of positions in areas ranging from software development to corporate applications engineering.
Software Development Engineer
Apply computer science background to the specification, design, development, and maintenance of a wide variety of application and utility software for computer aided engineering and design tools. Position requires experience in "C" and "C++" software development on UNIX or Windows NT platforms. May also include pre- and post-sales technical support to customers and field teams. Location: Oregon and California
- Specify, design, develop and maintain a wide variety of application or utility software for computer-aided engineering and design tools.
- Work with team to clarify what should be built, and how to test it.
- Develop software based on functional and architectural specifications according to established quality and process standards.
- Algorithm development and coding
- Test modules
- Input on future product development
- Write status reports
- Participate in goal setting
- Technical skills to include: C or C++, Commercial EDA/CAD package experience, UNIX, Windows NT, Java, Object oriented design,
- BS in CS/EE/CE -OR- Master level degree in CS with undergraduate in Engineering
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Responsibilities include the design, documentation and implementation of interactive and automatic tests for graphical and algorithmic C++ applications in a UNIX based environment. Track the defects found by these tests and do analysis of these tests. Will work closely with development engineering to ensure quality products and product development. Location: Oregon and California
- Operates basic test environment
- Learns to develop tests that are well structured, in an appropriate language, and documented and adhere to applicable quality assurance and portability standards
- Specify, design, develop and maintain tests for a wide variety of application or utility software for computer-aided engineering and design tools.
- Work with team to clarify how software should be built in order to ensure quality and testability.
- Develop test case based on functional and architectural specifications according to established quality and process standards.
- BS (CS, CE or EE) and experience in QA or C/C++ software under UNIX and Windows NT or equivalent experience in QA
- Software testing of application in C/C++, Sun/HP UNIX environments
Corporate Applications Engineer
Provide technical consulting for one or more products for Mentor Graphics Corporation customers and personnel world-wide. Develop expertise in other products supported by the group and in the functions of other groups in the organization. Location: Oregon and California
- Provide applications consulting (primarily through telephone and electronic communications) for Mentor Graphics products.
- Solve customer problems extending from the design process to tool usage in successful IC, ASIC, or board design flows.
- Use support tools and established troubleshooting techniques to find potential solutions to problems.
- Follow standard procedures for documenting customer issues and software defects or enhancements.
- Work with customers to bring their products to market better, faster and with less cost, by improving the methods by which support is delivered.
- Champion customer needs for product improvement and provide input as a member of a development team for long-term planning/prioritizing functional changes and additions to products.
- Provide consulting to improve product and training documentation as needed.
- Participate in various projects as needed for product and process improvement.
- Occasionally deliver on-site consulting and training.
- This position requires a BS/MS degree or equivalent work experience, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and product design experience with EDA tools.
Search for available positions
Search for job opportunities by functional area, location, or key words. More