MGC hires recent college graduates for a number of positions in areas ranging from software development to corporate applications engineering.
Software Development Engineer
Apply computer science background to the specification, design, development, and maintenance of a wide variety of application and utility software for computer aided engineering and design tools. Position requires experience in "C" and "C++" software development on UNIX or Windows NT platforms. May also include pre- and post-sales technical support to customers and field teams. Location: Oregon and California
- Specify, design, develop and maintain a wide variety of application or utility software for computer-aided engineering and design tools.
- Work with team to clarify what should be built, and how to test it.
- Develop software based on functional and architectural specifications according to established quality and process standards.
- Algorithm development and coding
- Test modules
- Input on future product development
- Write status reports
- Participate in goal setting
- Technical skills to include: C or C++, Commercial EDA/CAD package experience, UNIX, Windows NT, Java, Object oriented design,
- BS in CS/EE/CE -OR- Master level degree in CS with undergraduate in Engineering
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Responsibilities include the design, documentation and implementation of interactive and automatic tests for graphical and algorithmic C++ applications in a UNIX based environment. Track the defects found by these tests and do analysis of these tests. Will work closely with development engineering to ensure quality products and product development. Location: Oregon and California
- Operates basic test environment
- Learns to develop tests that are well structured, in an appropriate language, and documented and adhere to applicable quality assurance and portability standards
- Specify, design, develop and maintain tests for a wide variety of application or utility software for computer-aided engineering and design tools.
- Work with team to clarify how software should be built in order to ensure quality and testability.
- Develop test case based on functional and architectural specifications according to established quality and process standards.
- BS (CS, CE or EE) and experience in QA or C/C++ software under UNIX and Windows NT or equivalent experience in QA
- Software testing of application in C/C++, Sun/HP UNIX environments
Corporate Applications Engineer
Provide technical consulting for one or more products for Mentor Graphics Corporation customers and personnel world-wide. Develop expertise in other products supported by the group and in the functions of other groups in the organization. Location: Oregon and California
- Provide applications consulting (primarily through telephone and electronic communications) for Mentor Graphics products.
- Solve customer problems extending from the design process to tool usage in successful IC, ASIC, or board design flows.
- Use support tools and established troubleshooting techniques to find potential solutions to problems.
- Follow standard procedures for documenting customer issues and software defects or enhancements.
- Work with customers to bring their products to market better, faster and with less cost, by improving the methods by which support is delivered.
- Champion customer needs for product improvement and provide input as a member of a development team for long-term planning/prioritizing functional changes and additions to products.
- Provide consulting to improve product and training documentation as needed.
- Participate in various projects as needed for product and process improvement.
- Occasionally deliver on-site consulting and training.
- This position requires a BS/MS degree or equivalent work experience, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and product design experience with EDA tools.