Mentor Graphics CEO to Moderate Panel at the EDA Tech Forum
WILSONVILLE, Ore., October 3, 2006 - Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq: MENT) today announced that Walden C. Rhines, the company's chairman and CEO, will moderate the panel discussion "Fabless Versus IDM: Win, Lose or Peaceful Coexistence?" at the EDA Tech Forum in Santa Clara on October 9, 2006. More information and online registration for the EDA Tech Forum is available at http://www.edatechforum.com/events/santa_clara/index.cfm
- What: Walden C. Rhines, Chairman and CEO, Mentor Graphics Corporation, moderates the EDA Tech Forum Panel Discussion "Fabless Versus IDM: Win, Lose or Peaceful Coexistence?"
- When: October 9, 2006, 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Parkway Santa Clara, CA
- Panelists include:
· Chekib Akrout, Vice President of Design Technology, Freescale
· Rick Cassidy, President, TSMC North America
· Ana Hunter, Vice President of Technology, Samsung Semiconductor
· Gary Smith, Vice President & Chief EDA Analyst, Gartner Dataquest
· Richard Tobias, CTO & VP of Engineering, Pixelworks
The EDA Tech Forum series brings together designers, engineers and EDA solution providers in a free, one-day format. Events include keynotes discussing the latest EDA issues, hands-on workshops, a Vendor Fair with new product demonstrations, and technical sessions focused on the design areas of: Design for Manufacturability, AMS Design and Verification, Functional Verification, ESL and System Design.
This year's Industry Keynote Speaker is Watts Wacker, one of the world's most respected futurists. In his presentation, "Is There Anything Worse Than Being Blind? Yes, Having No Vision!" he will challenge the conventional thinking of the "information age" to see what can be created for the next iteration of electronic products. Jim Feldhan, founder of Semico Research, is this year's Analyst Keynote Speaker, and will present "Driving Applications Leads to Design Opportunities."
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq: MENT) is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world’s most successful electronics and semiconductor companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues over the last 12 months of over $725 million and employs approximately 4,050 people worldwide. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777. World Wide Web site: http://www.mentor.com/.
(Mentor Graphics is a registered trademark of Mentor Graphics Corporation. All other company or product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.)
For more information, please contact: