Tata Motors, LEONI, PSA, The Hansen Report and Daimler Trucks Among the Speakers at the European IESF 2010 Conference for the Automotive and Commercial Vehicle Industry
WILSONVILLE, Ore., November 10, 2010 - Mentor Graphics Corp. (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced the agenda for the European version of its popular Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum (IESF) program. IESF is a full, one-day conference that has become one of the leading forums for electrical and electronic systems design, network design, wire harness engineering, simulation and analysis within the automotive, commercial vehicle and off-highway industry. IESF 2010 takes place on December 2, 2010 at the Steigenberger Hotel in Frankfurt, Germany. Attendees currently registered for this free event represent OEMs and suppliers from all over Europe. For more information or to register, visit www.mentor.com/go/iesf.
IESF consists of numerous industry presentations, including guest keynote speakers, breakout tracks of specialist topics, a solutions exposition, demonstrations, and networking events that offer managers and engineers the opportunity to explore issues, examine solutions, and network with peers. It is the only event with a track dedicated to wire harness design and engineering in the automotive sector.
Presentations cover a range of topics, including:
- AUTOSAR and Beyond: Automotive HW/SW Architectures and Processes – Dr. Guenter Reichart, one of the initiators and founders of AUTOSAR
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Design – Dr. Nick Smith, IESD product marketing director, Mentor Graphics
- Wire Harness Design at Daimler Trucks: Status and Requirements of a Global Player – Andres Font, IT for Electric/Electronic, Daimler Trucks
- The Challenges of Electrical/Electronics Systems Design and Overcoming Them: Journey of an Indian Automotive OEM – C.S. Venkatraman, general manager (Electrical & Electronics) – Tata Motors
- Challenges for a Wiring System Manufacturer – Martin Glößlein, vice president Global R&D, LEONI
- Automating Wire Dimensioning, Johann Grandvuillemin, PSA Peugeot Citroën
- Enabling Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation for Automotive Embedded Electronics – Ian Fountain, platform manager for Real-time Test, National Instruments
Also speaking at IESF 2010 is Paul Hansen, founder and editor of The Hansen Report on Automotive Electronics, the leading analyst publication in the global automotive electronics industry. He will discuss electrical and electronics industry trends. All IESF attendees will receive a free, three-month subscription to The Hansen Report.
Automotive EE design commentator John Day commented, “I have attended the IESF event for the past few years and I am always impressed with the quality of speakers and the high level of conference activities. The breadth and quality of attendees is also impressive and range from engineers who want to delve deeper into specific topics to senior managers who want insight into the trends that are shaping the automotive electronics industry. IESF is an exceptionally valuable event for anyone working in electrical and electronic design in the automotive industry.”
Future events include IESF China December 8, 2010 and IESF Detroit on June 2, 2011.
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT) is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world’s most successful electronics and semiconductor companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues over the last 12 months of about $800 million. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777. World Wide Web site: http://www.mentor.com/.
(Mentor Graphics is a registered trademark of Mentor Graphics Corporation. All other company and/or product names are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.)
For more information, please contact: