Rick Tumlinson Leads Keynote Series for 22nd Annual User2User Conference; Registration is Now Open
WILSONVILLE, Ore., Mar. 16, 2006 - Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq: MENT) today announced that registration is open for its 22nd annual international User2User conference. User2User 2006 will be held May 3-5 at the San Jose Marriott and Convention Center in San Jose, California.
Featured keynotes for the event include:
- Rick Tumlinson, who will present "Return to the Moon-Flags and Footprints or Frontier?" A co-founder of the Space Frontier Foundation, Tumlinson is also a long-time advocate for opening up the space frontier to scientific research and discovery and has been recognized by Space News as one of the top 100 influential people in the field of space.
- Nick Baker of Microsoft, who is currently director of the software giant's Xbox Console Architecture Team, System Verification and Console Test Software, will also be a featured keynote. Baker will be presenting "Inside the Xbox 360."
- Walden C. Rhines, chairman and CEO of Mentor Graphics, a leader in worldwide electronic design automation, will present "New Opportunities, New Problems, New Solutions."
There will also be a new management track that will address issues important to business, management and technical executives. Featured speakers in this track include:
- Daya Nadamuni, research vice president, Gartner Dataquest
- Christoph Heer, director of Library Development, Infineon Technologies
- Prof. Leon McGinnis, director of the Product and Systems Lifecycle Management Center, The Georgia Institute of Technology
- Jack Harris, director of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Rockwell Collins
- Chris Tregellis, managing director of Financial Advisory Services, Kroll Worldwide
User2User 2006 is designed to provide users of Mentor Graphics' tools with an opportunity to network and interact with other engineers utilizing the same or similar products. The conference will feature approximately 148 technical sessions, 65 percent of which will be presented by customers from 75 different companies.
Early Bird registration discounts will be available until March 24, 2006. Members of Mentor Graphics User Group (MUG) will receive an additional $50 off for registering early. All registrants will automatically be entered to win one of five Xbox 360 consoles. For more information on the conference and to register, visit www.mentor.com/user2user. To join MUG, visit www.mugweb.org.
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq: MENT) is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world's most successful electronics and semiconductor companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues over the last 12 months of about $700 million and employs approximately 4,000 people worldwide. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777; Silicon Valley headquarters are located at 1001 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, California 95131-2314. World Wide Web site: http://www.mentor.com/.
Mentor Graphics is a registered trademark of Mentor Graphics Corporation. All other company or product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, please contact: