Automotive Electronics Engineering, Hardware and Software
Optimized Hardware Design and Software Architecture
Automotive tier one suppliers and OEMs can accelerate system design, avoiding development and verification delays, with the automotive-grade hardware, optimized software, and IP from Mentor Graphics and the newly acquired expertise of XS Embedded that is part of the Mentor family.
Mentor Embedded Hypervisor can be used to provide the necessary security, isolation, and updatability of applications to meet the demands of consumer application integration into infotainment systems. In addition, the AUTOSAR, ADAS, digital cluster and infotainment software and design services from Mentor can help meet the growing trend of integration of ADAS, driver information and infotainment domains.
Applications and Services
Design, architect, and implement ECUs and full vehicle networks.
Provide rich HMI experiences with GENIVI compliant Linux-based infotainment solutions.
Deliver responsive and dynamic 2D and 3D graphical experiences for next generation clusters.
Mentor Graphics has developed close partnerships with technology leaders.
Software services from concept and architecture planning to start of production (SoP) signoff.
Driving Innovation through Connected Engineering™
Mentor Graphics solutions are used by 70 percent of global automotive OEMs. Mentor Embedded software is either in active development or deployed by more than 30 automotive tier one suppliers and ten OEMs, allowing you to:
Effectively use the latest automotive-specific hardware
- Speed development with automotive-grade hardware
- Develop high-performance systems on multicore SoCs
- Consolidate functionality with a secure hypervisor
Successfully adopt Linux and open source
- Use GENIVI- and Yocto Projec-compliant Mentor Embedded Automotive Technology Platform
- Meet your IP protection needs while using open source software
- Connect and tether mobile and cellular devices
- Integrate connectivity while keeping more critical systems separate and secure
Produce Rich HMIs
- Provide rich and high performance graphics with GPU support
- Adopt a wide range of graphics technologies including HTML5 and QT
Optimize for Performance
- Achieve fast boot
- Optimize BSPs and application layers for custom hardware development
Address Security Needs
- Take advantage of ARM TrustZone®
- Secure critical information and software
Manage and track requirements
- Trace requirements to source code for ISO 26262 compliance
- Link common applications such as DOORS, documents, or spreadsheets to detailed requirements