Communicating Cars: Connectivity solutions for the automotive industry
On-demand Web Seminar
Connected Cars, able to communicate with each other, with the cloud, and with roadside infrastructure are demanding increasingly advanced connectivity solutions. CSR is an established leader in wireless connectivity, and has combined with embedded software platform provider Mentor Graphics to offer this webinar on the latest challenges and solutions when implementing WiFi, Bluetooth and other automotive wireless connection solutions. An overview of the capabilities of current Bluetooth and WiFi standards will be covered, such as Miracast and Wi-Fi Direct as well as real-life examples and a demonstration of CSR’s WiFi connectivity solutions running on the Mentor Graphics GENIVI Linux platform.
What You Will Learn
- Upcoming trends in the automotive space for wireless connectivity
- Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart & Wi-Fi use cases expected in today’s vehicle systems
- How CSR’s Synergy software is enabling these use cases and upcoming requirements
About the Presenters
Thomas Carmody, Head of Connectivity Marketing, joined CSR as Technical Specialist focused on automotive marketing in 2005 and was appointed to his current role in 2012. As Head of Connectivity Marketing he is responsible for the promotion of CSR’s connectivity technologies for the automotive sector. He has over 14 years of experience in the semiconductor business and began his career with Alps Electric Co. LTD as a software engineer focused on Bluetooth connectivity. Thomas then moved into the Automotive Devices Division at Alps to work in Automotive ECUs for applications such as keyless entry, infotainment and in-vehicle switching before moving to CSR.
Andrew Patterson is Business Development Director for Mentor Graphics embedded division, specializing in the automotive market. Prior to Mentor Andrew has spent over 20 years in the Design Automation market specializing in a wide range of technologies including wire harness design, automotive simulation model development, virtual prototyping, and mechatronics. Currently he is focused on working with the GENIVI industry alliance, and leading Mentor’s Infotainment and in-vehicle Electronic Cluster and Telematics solutions. Andrew holds a master’s degree in Engineering and Electrical Sciences from Cambridge University, UK.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers looking for connectivity solutions
- System Architects hoping to understand the trends in wireless connectivity in the vehicle
- Automotive Industry program managers, looking for competitive connectivity solutions
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.