Connecting Medical Devices Securely over Wi-Fi in Hospitals
On-demand Web Seminar
The Internet of Things is quickly reaching across many embedded market segments and medical devices are no exception. Medical device companies must add support for technologies that enable them to connect products, collect data and deliver information securely. In this webinar, Mentor Embedded, Freescale and Silex Technology America will discuss strategies for building multimedia applications with the power, performance and integration required for hospital medical devices. Join our experts as they discuss how i.MX processors based on ARM ® architecture can be used in hospital monitoring systems that require Wi-Fi communication and secure connectivity.
What You Will Learn
- How modern processor, wireless, and software offerings impact current medical product development
- Medical specific design issues and their practical solutions
- Forward trends in medical device requirements driven by customer expectations
Who Should Attend
- System architects defining features and product direction
- Hardware engineers designing target platforms
- Software engineers implementing applications and device drivers
About the Presenters
Medical Product Marketing Manager
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
David has over 10 years of semiconductor industry experience ranging from operations to sales and marketing. Currently he is a Business Development Manager within the Microcontroller group at Freescale Semiconductor. He has a specific focus on medical applications. David holds an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin and a B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from the Iowa State University.
Rich Rejmaniak is a Technical Marketing Engineer for the Embedded Software Division of Mentor Graphics. He has been an engineer for over 30 years, with the last 20 as a Field Applications Engineer for various semiconductor and software companies. He specializes in the hardware/software boundary issues in embedded systems.
Keith Sugawara is the vice president for business development at Silex Technologies America. In this role, he is responsible for product management and development. He also works closely with the sales organization and with customers to find new applications and markets for the technology developed by Silex.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Nucleus ReadyStart™ for Freescale i.MX6 Evaluation Software
Download our free evaluation package to explore the full functionality of the integrated development environment for the Nucleus RTOS for Freescale i.MX6 processors.
Nucleus ReadyStart™ for Freescale i.MX28 Evaluation Software
Download our free evaluation package to explore the full functionality of the integrated development environment for the Nucleus RTOS for Freescale i.MX28 processors.
Nucleus ReadyStart™ for Texas Instruments AM3517 Evaluation Software
Download our free evaluation package to explore the full functionality of the integrated development environment for the Nucleus RTOS for TI AM3517 processors.