Connectivity in Portable Devices Web Seminar
On-demand Web Seminar
This session will look at the embedded software technology that enables the development of mobile devices and portable equipment. The medical instrumentation sector will be used as an example. A brief review of health-care trends will be followed by the identification of the key characteristics of such devices and how connectivity (wired and wireless) is influencing the designs of new equipment. Brief details will be included of Mentor Embedded products that facilitate market success for our customers in medical applications.
What You Will Learn
- The key characteristics of mobile/portable devices
- How embedded software is key to successful design and implementation
- How connectivity, like 802.1x, is a key design consideration
About the Presenter
A Technical Marketing Manager, Colin has over twenty-five years experience in the electronics industry, largely dedicated to embedded software. A frequent presenter at conferences and seminars and author of numerous technical articles and two books on embedded software, Colin is a member of the marketing team of the Mentor Graphics Embedded Systems Division, and is based in the UK.
Book: Embedded Software: The Works
Blog: The Colin Walls Blog
Who Should Attend
- Embedded developers using or planning to develop multicore and multiprocessor systems
- Technical managers looking for an industry-standard communications mechanism to ensure portability
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Implementing GENIVI compliant IVI (in vehicle infotainment) – how far can you go?
This presentation will highlight the current status of the GENIVI (in vehicle infotainment) initiative, and feature presentations from Mentor and ecosystem partners on the implementation options
Technology Trends in Building Next Generation Portable Medical Devices
This online presentation will illustrate recent technology trends impacting the design and utility of portable medical devices.
Solving Embedded Development Problems for the Medical Market
Solving Embedded Development Problems for the Medical Market Web Seminar.