Create compelling user interfaces for your embedded devices with the Qt framework
The Qt® project is an open source cross-platform UI development solution framework that includes easy to use UI development tools and a rich library of easy to customize UI components. The Qt UI framework is used more by than 450,000 developers in over 70 industries creating user interfaces for embedded and mobile devices in applications such as medical, white goods, automotive and consumer.
The integration of the Qt UI framework with the Nucleus RTOS enables embedded UI developers to access the full benefits of the extensive Qt open source development community, cross-platform support, wide market penetration, and wide availability of Qt skills and resources. The Nucleus Add-on for the Qt framework includes the Qt Designer UI development tool and the Qt Core, Qt GUI and Qt Widget UI library modules.
In addition to these Qt project open source based components, the Nucleus Add-on for the Qt framework also provides several powerful tools and features not available in the standard open source Qt project software distribution that extend the power of Qt for embedded UI design.
What You Will Learn
- How to quickly create a compelling UI based on the Qt open source cross-platform with a streamlined workflow that includes an IDE
- Techniques to delivery high responsive UIs by investigating and resolving common UI performance problems with quick analysis of metrics such as frame rate and interactive response times, CPU and memory usage.
- How to minimize the memory footprint of the Qt Library through configuration wizards
About the Presenter
Phil Brumby is a Senior Technical Marketing Engineer for Mentor Graphics’ Embedded Software Division. Phil has the responsibility for the technical and engineering development for Mentor’s embedded graphics and user interface product offerings. Previously Phil has held a number of senior software engineering roles in the user interface and mobile gaming spaces. Phil holds a Masters degree in Applied Computing and a Bachelor of Science with Honours degree in Mathematics & Statistics from the University of Dundee, Scotland.
Who Should Attend
- Embedded software engineers
- Embedded user interface designers and engineers
- Technical managers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Identify and Solve Qt UI Performance Problems
When developing UIs for embedded devices, it is not uncommon to hit performance problems on target hardware – whether the UI start-up takes too long, animation is slow, or the UI isn't responsive...
Internet of Things (IoT) Connectivity for Embedded Devices
This video will focus specifically on applications where low energy Bluetooth is most appropriate and review how you can effectively design connected embedded devices that make use of BLE and the entire...
Smart Energy Washing Machine UI built with the Nucleus Add-on for the Qt framework
This video shows a Nucleus RTOS system running a simulated Smart Energy enabled washing machine UI built using the Qt UI framework. The demo is styled to be Smart Energy compliant, with the user being informed...