Debugging Multicore and Heterogeneous Embedded Systems
On-demand Web Seminar
Heterogeneous architectures combine two or more different types of microprocessors or microcontrollers and enable the development of advanced embedded systems that consolidate functionality and connectivity to produce high-performance embedded devices. Challenges faced by developers include configuring and deploying multiple operating systems and applications across processors, booting multiple operating systems efficiently and in a coordinated manner across micro-processors and micro-controllers and communicating between isolated sub-systems on a multi-core processor or between heterogeneous processors.
In this this presentation you will learn how to debug complex multi operating system, multi-core and heterogeneous architecture based systems independently and simultaneously with the latest version of Sourcery Codebench combined with Mentor Embedded Linux, the Nucleus RTOS and the BDI3000 probe from Abatron.
What You Will Learn
- Powerful debugging techniques for multicore and heterogeneous systems
- Performing key debugging tasks such as ensuring cores stop and start at the proper time
- Managing SMP and AMP kernel configurations so all cores halt all cores when you hit a breakpoint and start when you hit run
- Understanding multi operating system interactions with and without hypervisors
About the Presenter
Kathy Oliver is a Technical Marketing Engineer at Mentor Graphics responsible for Mentor Embedded Sourcery CodeBench and Mentor Embedded Linux. Kathy has been working at Mentor Graphics for nearly seven years. Prior to Mentor, she worked at The MathWorks located in Natick, MA, as a Senior Training Engineer and Senior Course Developer where she taught and developed courses in the area of multidomain simulation, Model-Based Design, and embedded code generation for dynamic and embedded systems. Kathy holds an EE degree from Boston University.
Who Should Attend
- Embedded software developers
- Embedded systems architects
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.