Enabling Android development within Microsoft® Visual Studio® for NVIDIA® Tegra® devices
On-demand Web Seminar
The NVIDIA Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition development tools integrate the unique capabilities of the NVIDIA Tegra devices running Android with the familiar development environment offered by Microsoft Visual Studio to create Java and C/C++ native code applications. In collaboration with NVIDIA, Mentor Graphics has created a unique development tool that is customized to the needs of NVIDIA Tegra developers. Find out more about these powerful tools and the technology Mentor Graphics can apply to create customized software development kits for both semiconductor and OEM applications.
What You Will Learn
- How to create Android applications using NVIDIA® Nsight™ Tegra®, Visual Studio Edition
- Techniques for seamlessly debugging mixed Java and native C/C++ code applications
- How to acheive a 20-30% performance increases in native (C/C++) Android code
- The advantages that NVIDIA Tegra devices deliver for demanding mobile and tablet applications
About the Presenters
Brad Dixon is a Sr. Marketing Manager at Mentor Graphics responsible for Android, Linux, and Nucleus. Brad has been at the nexus of open source and embedded software as a developer, FAE, and product manager since 2000. Previously at MontaVista, Brad has helped some of the world's most demanding companies understand how to apply Linux and other open source technology to design new applications and devices. In addition to technical nuts and bolts, Brad is involved in licensing, quality assurance, networking, and security.
Product Manager, NVIDIA
Stephen’s passion for crafting digital content creation tools for artists and developers began at Anark Corporation over 10 years ago. In 2008, Stephen brought this passion to NVIDIA where he oversees the Product Management of Mobile Software Developer Tools. Focused on customer experiences, Stephen’s background in technology and intuitive grasp of artist and developers needs brings a unique spin to product management. Stephen holds a BS in Computer Science from the University of Tennessee.
Who Should Attend
- Developers targeting the NVIDIA Tegra devices interested in creating Android applications using the familiar Microsoft Visual Studio development tools.
- Developer program managers with responsibility for creating software development kits for Linux, Android, or bare-metal platforms.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.