Developing the Next Generation of Embedded GUIs Web Seminar
LCD displays and touch screens are finding their way into an ever wider range of embedded products, from remote controls to refrigerators. In today’s competitive consumer markets, such products may succeed or fail on the strength of their graphical user interface: visual appeal and out-of-box usability are critical. But getting the GUI right – and doing it on budget and on time – presents a major challenge to developers, because every change to your application code introduces more risk. Inflexion UI eliminates this problem, by enabling you to deliver much more compelling GUI designs without even touching your application code.
What You Will Learn
- How Inflexion UI lets you create, test and refine eye-catching new GUI designs within a drag and drop environment, without any coding or scripting.
- How Inflexion UI enables you to incorporate advanced 3D and animation effects into your designs in seconds, for deployment even on low end hardware.
- How to integrate Inflexion UI with your own application code.
About the Presenter
Geoff is Director of Product Marketing for the Embedded Systems Division of Mentor Graphics. Before joining Mentor, Geoff co-founded, co-managed and sold two high-tech start-ups, both of which developed software solutions for networked embedded devices for consumer use. Geoff holds a PhD in artificial intelligence from the University of Liverpool, UK.
Who Should Attend
- C developers, graphic designers, interaction and usability specialists working on embedded GUIs.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Incorporating Android into Infotainment (IVI) Systems
Learn about the market needs driving the adoption of Android and the technical options for incorporating Android into an IVI system.
3D In Vehicle Infotainment HMI
Example 3D Instrument Cluster HMI created using Inflexion UI. The demo uses 3D objects, and many OpenGL ES effects, by exploiting the hardware GPU for a more sophisticated look.