Reduce power consumption and deliver high performance in embedded applications based on the Sitara AM335x ARM Cortex-A8
On-demand Web Seminar
Texas Instruments (TI) has recently introduced the Sitara AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 based microprocessor and with power consumption as low as 5 mW. In this session learn how to develop software that takes advantage of power savings hardware capabilities including CPU tick suppression, Dynamic Frequency and Voltage Scaling (DFVS), Hibernate and Stand-by Modes, and peripheral state control.
This session illustrates how the combination of TI’s new Am335x ARM microprocessors (available less than $5 at 100 Ku) and the Mentor Embedded Nucleus RTOS can meet the needs of the most demanding real time embedded systems. Learn how to balance the need for lower power consumption while delivering on critical functionality including bus, networking, storage and wireless connectivity.
What You Will Learn
- Add features and keep power consumption under control
- Free up more processor cycles to improve your systems performance
- Reduce time to market with an integrated hardware and software solution
About the Presenters
Nick Lethaby has worked as a manager in TI's Software Development Organization for over 10 years. His principal focus has been embedded operating systems, including Linux, Android, and real-time operating systems, for microcontrollers,microprocessors, and DSPs. Prior to joining TI, Nick spent 15 years working with embedded software companies in product management and applications roles. He has a BS in Computer Science at the University of London.
Andrew Caples is a product marketing manager for the embedded systems division of Mentor Graphics. He has over 20 years of experience in start-ups and fortune 500 high tech companies and has served in a variety of roles ranging from technical marketing to sales management. He has a B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from California Polytechnic University. His current responsibilities include product management for the Nucleus Real Time Operating System.
Who Should Attend
Embedded Software Developers
Embedded Project Managers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Smart Energy In-Home Display Demo Running on Nucleus RTOS
This Smart Energy In-Home Display demo shows how the Nucleus RTOS and User Interface solution can be used to create a smart energy display device. Smart energy devices allow an end user to overview and...
Connecting Medical Devices Securely over Wi-Fi in Hospitals
In this webinar, Mentor Embedded, Freescale and Silex Technology America will discuss strategies for building multimedia applications with the power, performance and integration required for hospital medical...
Nucleus ReadyStart™ for Freescale i.MX28 Evaluation Software
Download our free evaluation package to explore the full functionality of the integrated development environment for the Nucleus RTOS for Freescale i.MX28 processors.