Mentor Embedded Linux Development Platform
Customized embedded Linux development products with commercial support
Linux Development for Next-Generation Embedded Systems
Design your next-generation embedded systems with our Yocto Project 1.3 compatible platform. Harness Mentor Embedded Linux’s open source foundation while also differentiating your system with the flexibility of commercially supported customization. Mitigate technical and commercial risks by leveraging the product lifecycle maintenance and commercial support offerings.
Mentor Embedded Linux is based on the powerful and adaptable bitbake build tool and recipes from The Yocto Project™ enabling you to prepare, from source, the customized Linux-based platform your project requirements demand. A GENIVI compliant Mentor Embedded Linux solution is also available for the development of In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems.
Key Features and Benefits
- Customize your product without losing support
- Broad choice of board support packages (BSPs) through leveraging Open Source and community-based BSPs
- Open source-based and community-backed
- High-quality tools and integration
- Reduces cost and project risk
- Select a Linux kernel version, including legacy kernels
- Size-optimize filesystems to reduce overall codebase
You'll never have to worry about the typical cost of customization: Lack of support. We not only help you build the custom product, we also support it:
- Expert support helping you to build the application
- Long-term support so that you can continue developing after the open source community moves on
- Sustaining engineering to ensure that the products you build can be supported in later years
Mentor Embedded Linux is tightly integrated with Sourcery CodeBench, a GNU-based complete integrated development environment for embedded C/C++ development on the leading hardware architectures from ARM, ColdFire, MIPS, Power, and other architectures. Fully integrated so you can install, flash and debug in minutes!
Sourcery Analyzer provides a predictable and visual approach to understand the software execution performance. Sourcery Analyzer leverages open source-based LTTng 2.0 and includes prebuilt reports and log files to produce data accurate views and recommendations for performance improvements.
Deliver differentiated In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems with a Mentor Embedded Linux based GENIVI compliant Infotainment Solution. The Mentor Embedded Linux-based automotive solution platform has been the foundation to successfully deliver multiple IVI projects such as an ultra-fast boot instrument cluster, a telematics system with multimedia streaming and more.
Linux Professional Services
Mentor Embedded Professional Services provides expert, on-site consulting engagements to help device developers set-up and configure development environments to build Linux-based devices.
Leading embedded architectures are supported, including:
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.