Mentor Embedded Linux Essentials for Freescale QorIQ and PowerQUICC Processors
Fast, no-risk option for silicon evaluation
Freescale now offers Mentor Embedded Linux Essentials (MEL-E), a no-cost “lite” version of its premium Mentor Embedded Linux environment, to developers working with select newer platforms. (LTIB will remain available for legacy products)
MEL-E is ideal for application and platform developers in the silicon evaluation phase of Embedded Linux projects, eliminating the need to learn individual board BSP/SDK build instructions. The MEL-E package includes everything you need to start building your own Linux-based platform on Freescale processors, including:
- Freescale Development Kit
- System Builder
- Community project sources
- Board Support Package (BSP)
Support for Freescale’s Multicore QorIQ Processors
Freescale and Mentor have teamed up to provide you with open source software, tools, and services. Learn more
Contact Mentor Graphics
- Contact us for more information on MEL-E or to upgrade to the full version of Mentor Embedded Linux or call toll free: 1-800-547-3000.
Freescale offers two versions of MEL-E for the Freescale QorIQ and PowerQUICC families of processors, available as a free download from Freescale.com.
Mentor Embedded Linux Essentials for DPAA processors
- P1023: QorIQ P1023/17 Low-end Single- and Dual-core Communications Processors with Data Path
- P3041: QorIQ P3041 Quad-core Communications Processors with Data Path
- P4080: QorIQ P4080 Eight-core Communications Processors with Data Path
- P5020: QorIQ P5020 64-bit Single- and Dual-core Communications Processors
Download from Freescale.com
Mentor Embedded Linux Essentials for non-DPAA processors
- MPC8572E: PowerQUICC III processor with DDR2/3, pattern matching engine, PCI Express®, sRIO, SGMII, 1GB Ethernet, security
- P1010: QorIQ P1010/14 Single- and Dual-core Communications Processors with Trust Architecture
- P1020: QorIQ P1020/11 Single- and Dual-core Communications Processors
- P1021: QorIQ P1021/12 Single- and Dual-core Multi-Protocol Communications Processors
- P1022: QorIQ P1022/13 Communications Processors with Advanced Energy Management
- P1024: QorIQ P1024/15 Single- and Dual-core Communications Processors
- P1025: QorIQ P1025/16 Single- and Dual-core Communications Multi-Protocol Processors
- P2020: QorIQ P2020/10 Single- and Dual-core Multi-Protocol Communications Processors
Download from Freescale.com
Mentor Embedded Linux: Extended capabilities, full support
Once your development project is underway, you’ll want to upgrade to Mentor Embedded Linux, a fully customizable, enhanced build system with live, expert support. Its advanced customization capabilities include Sourcery CodeBench development tools and third-party APIs.
|IDE w/JTAG probes |
|Linux Debug Agent|
|Performance & analysis|
|Real-time expert support |
|JTAG probes (optional) |
|Professional services (optional)|
Mentor Embedded Linux allows developers to customize their own unique product with powerful tools that maximize productivity. Click here to learn more.
Mentor Embedded Linux Essentials provides a fast and efficient approach to developing embedded systems.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.