User Interface Development for Embedded Systems
On-demand Web Seminar
The webinar presents a detailed look at user interface [UI] development for embedded systems. The challenges entailed in creation, maintenance and expansion of such UIs are investigated.
The range of UI types in a selection of embedded systems is reviewed and the accommodation and implementation of each one outlined. We take a more detailed look at menu-driven UIs, such as those found on mobile phones, set-top boxes and other "smart" devices.
What You Will Learn
- How to avoid pitfalls with even simple UI design
- That UIs span a wide range of technology
- An approach to sophisticated UI development that entails almost no coding
- How a complex UI can make optimal use of the available display hardware
About the Presenter
A Technical Marketing Manager, Colin has over twenty-five years experience in the electronics industry, largely dedicated to embedded software. A frequent presenter at conferences and seminars and author of numerous technical articles and two books on embedded software, Colin is a member of the marketing team of the Mentor Graphics Embedded Systems Division, and is based in the UK.
Book: Embedded Software: The Works
Blog: The Colin Walls Blog
Who Should View
- Embedded software engineers who are developing consumer electronics devices
- Technical managers
- Embedded system integration engineers