The progression of V2X networking is unquestionably faster than the evolution of the automobile lifecycle. This talk will focus on:
- importance of global systems compatibility through standards such as recognized frequency channel to ensure that early developments achieve maximum visibility
- technical and commercial challenges facing V2X network deployments
- minimum technology infrastructure needed to make V2I possible including the potential of a region-by-region scalability model
- state of the art V2X national testbeds in the world
- integration of V2X technology with ADAS and infotainment systems
Event: SV Automotive Meetup, September 27, 2012 [http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Automotive-Open-Source/]
Presenter: Ravi Puvvala, CEO, Savari Networks
Ravi Puvvala has been actively involved with connected vehicle activities for the past 8 years. He has worked with several automotive research labs, universities, US DOT and various industry partners to promote the proliferation of 5.9Ghz DSRC support in vehicular communications. Previously he served as the founder & CEO of Zazu Networks. He has worked with several multinational corporations with rich experience in engineering, management and global understanding of products in wired and wireless networks. A persistent entrepreneur, who is captivated by the power of WiFi. He received his B.S. in Computer Science from Bangalore University (India) and an M.S. in Computer Science from Arizona State University (USA).
Video viewing problems? Contact us.
V2I, V2V, vehicle-to-infrastructure, vehicle-to-vehicle