Quickly address performance bottlenecks
Sourcery Analyzer is a powerful embedded design analysis solution that combines data visualization capabilities with a unique performance analysis engine. Unlock new insights and efficiently design today’s complex embedded systems that integrate data from multiple operating systems.
Debug hard to find problems with Sourcery Analyzer
This video is a fast paced introduction to the capabilities of mentor Embedded Sourcery Analyzer
Key Features and Benefits
- Visualize and debug hard to uncover bugs with dynamic system analysis views
- Built-in analysis of LTTng 0.x and 2.0 Linux kernel trace events
- Perform advanced computation via built-in Measurement tool and Waveform Calculator
- Debug synthesized data in a time correlated view
- Collect trace data from multiple sources and formats, including LTTng’s standard CTF format
- Efficiently handle multi-gigabyte datasets
- Develop custom Java-based application specific analysis agent plug-ins
- Professional training program available for deployment and customization
- Support for Mentor Embedded Linux, other Linux, Nucleus, other RTOS, and bare metal.
“We leveraged the capabilities of Mentor Embedded’s Sourcery Analyzer and Sourcery CodeBench tools to bring our advanced lightRadio™ eNodeB high-capacity application portfolio into market more quickly and efficiently”
Sourcery Analyzer is available in the following Mentor Embedded technologies:
- Software insight and performance analysis capabilities are included with the Professional Edition of Sourcery CodeBench
- For Nucleus RTOS users, Sourcery Analyzer enables trace visualization and real-time kernel and application tracking capability
- For sophisticated users, the complete extended analysis toolset includes Java-based custom analysis agents, Measurement Tool and Waveform Calculator utilities are available as a separate option
- Sourcery CodeBench Professional includes a subset of the full Sourcery Analyzer product. Developers wishing to utilize the measurement tool and calculator or to create custom analysis agents should purchase the full Sourcery Analyzer add-on to Sourcery CodeBench.
|Feature||Sourcery CodeBench Professional||Sourcery CodeBench Professional with the full Sourcery Analyzer add-on|
|Analysis Agent Library |
15 different agents that automate data collection, analysis, and visualization of kernel and application software on Linux platforms
|Data Sources |
|Software Correlation |
|Measure and Combine |
Extend the Analysis Agent Library with customized agents that can automate data processing, interpretation, analysis, and visualization.
White Paper: For Linux systems, the Linux Trace Toolkit can be an invaluable source of trace data providing the raw material needed for performance and behavioral insights. Mentor Embedded Sourcery Analyzer gives engineers... View White Paper
blog post: In my 10+ years of embedded Linux work I’ve worked with a lot of Linux trace technologies including the Linux Trace Toolkit (LTTng), System Tap, and even the not so well know and the unlikely to be…View Blog Post
Sourcery CodeBench user forums — discussions, design tips, sample designs and more. Visit
More About Sourcery Analyzer
Sourcery Analyzer Overview
See our award-winning Sourcery Analyzer identify and address multicore performance bottlenecks.
Gain insight and identify performance bottlenecks in complex embedded systems, with Sourcery Analyzer. Use open source Linux Trace Toolkit (LTTng) to capture data and perform kernel and user-space tracing.
Sourcery Analyzer Measurement Tool and Calculator
Understand how to leverage the powerful Measurement Tool and Calculator utilities within Sourcery Analyzer to effectively analyze performance bottlenecks in your embedded project.
Measurement & Waveform Calculator tools
Perform advanced functional and mathematical transformations of your data with the built-in tools. Gain an order of magnitude efficiency over manual methods by using power and automatic measurements and calculations.
Sourcery Analyzer - CPU State Analysis Agent
You have a lot of cores, and you are worried some of them are not pulling their weight. Exposing more details than a utilization curve, the CPU state enables you to not only see idle time, but to also indicate...
Access a library of powerful Analysis Agents to automatically generate pre-processed views of common performance analysis routines. Analysis agents are available for CPU state, software thread state, CPU utilization, IRQ rate and more.