Data Center Design using CFD Modeling
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event.
For ASME Members – this is a local Texas presentation on applied methods to design data center design for cost effective thermal management.
Data centers consume vast amounts of energy to operate and due to the power density in server racking heat generated can have critical impact if not suitably dissipated. Powering and cooling equipment in data centers is therefore very expensive and cost-effective design is the top priority for designers and operators as data centers continue to grow in size to meet demands.
Mentor Graphics has realized huge long term savings by applying CFD techniques when designing its own data centers alongside incorporating green design factors. These experiences are shared in the presentation.
Please note: This is an ASME local chapter seminar for ASME members. Details can can be found on the chapter website - http://sections.asme.org/NorthTexas/
Networking starts 5:30-6:00pm, speakers start at 7:00pm.
Please contact Travis_Mikjaniec@mentor.com if you have any questions
- Mentor Graphics data center projects introduction
- Improved CFD Modeling of Data Centers – what are the important factors?
- Data Center specific design iterations including:
- Raised Floor
- Dropped Ceiling
- Chimney vs Hot Aisle Containment
- Plenum Designs
- Performance results and further design studies for the future.
About the Presenter
Travis Mikjaniec received an MS in Aerospace Engineering from Carleton University in 2006, with a research focus on rotorcraft aerodynamics and aeroelasticity. He has been with Mentor Graphics Corporation, Mechanical Analysis Division (formerly Flomerics Ltd) for 6 years specializing in the application of CFD Analysis to the design of electronics equipment. Prior to this he worked for the National Research Council of Canada's (NRC) Institute for Aerospace Research (IAR) Flight Research Laboratory focusing on flight tests and also worked at the NRC's IAR Aeroacoustic and Structural Dynamics Laboratory in experimental testing of smart structures. Travis is currently a Thermal Engineer in the Mechanical Analysis Division engineering team, training and supporting customers doing Thermal Analysis for electronic systems. Travis has experience not only in the use of software, but also of the general design processes and the best way to apply the CFD techniques solve real world problems encountered by engineers.
Who Should Attend
- ASME Members
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Nov 27, 2014 • Stuttgart, DE
- IESF Automotivehttp://www.mentor.com http://www.mentor.com/events/iesf/ Dec 2, 2014 • Nagoya, JP
- Mentor Forum 2014: Indiahttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum/india Dec 2, 2014 • Trivandrum, IN
- Mentor Forum 2014: Indiahttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum/india Dec 5, 2014 • Ahmedabad, IN
- CESA: Congress on Automotive Electronic Systemshttp://www.sia.fr/evenement_detail_cesa_3_0_congress_exhibition_sponsoring_1213.htm Dec 3, 2014 • Paris, FR
- Wiring Synthesis Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/electrical-design-software/events/wiring-synthesis-workshop Dec 4, 2014 • Munich, DE
- IESF Automotivehttp://www.mentor.com http://www.mentor.com/events/iesf/ Dec 5, 2014 • Tokyo, JP
- Modelsim to Questa Performancehttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/modelsim-to-questa-performance Dec 8, 2014 • Ottawa, ON
- Modelsim to Questa Performancehttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/modelsim-to-questa-performance Dec 9, 2014 • Montreal, PQ
- DFM Solutions for 14nm: Samsung and Mentor Graphicshttp://www.mentor.com/products/ic_nanometer_design/events/samsung-lunch-seminar Dec 9, 2014 • Santa Clara, CA
- Calibre Design-to-Silicon Platform Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/ic_nanometer_design/events/calibre_physical_verification_workshop Dec 11, 2014 • Fremont, CA
- Calibre Design-to-Silicon Platform Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/ic_nanometer_design/events/calibre_physical_verification_workshop Jan 22, 2015 • Fremont, CA