Hi there I have had many conversations with manufacturing people over the years regarding the various files that are created from design that are provided to them for the purposes of assembly and test. It is not unusual to hear about a file set consisting of Gerbers, Drill, IPC 356 Netlist, Centroid, BOM, Intelligent layout, various documentation files and other machine specific format files that continue … Read More
PCB Manufacturing, Assembly & Test Blog
Posts tagged with 'Automated X-Ray Inspection'
Hi there One of the areas that we constantly look to enhance with each release is our support for the machines that are in use with our customers. Although we use the Mentor Ideas site as a opportunity to derive feedback from yourselves, I also wanted to take this chance to ask you to let me know which machines you still need us to support either because they are new to the market or needed to address … Read More
Enhancement, AOI, Flying Probe, ICT, data preparation, AXI, bill of materials, Design For Test, Automated Optical Inspection, Automated X-Ray Inspection, documentation, boundary scan, BOM, process, vPlan, SPI, THT, Solder Paste Inspection, programming
Hi there We recently had a successful trade show at Apex 2013 in San Diego. During the event I was interviewed with iConnect PCB007′s Andy Shaughnessy. We discussed the main themes that we were promoting on the booth in the area of Process Preparation, namely being able to use a single solution for all areas of PCB manufacturing data preparation as well as simplying the many types of part library … Read More
IPC, vPlan, AOI, documentation, Flying Probe, ICT, AVL, data preparation, AXI, Design For Test, Automated Optical Inspection, Automated X-Ray Inspection, BOM, bill of materials, testability, SPI, Solder Paste Inspection, programming, process
Hi there I recently discussed the new capability in Valor MSS Process Preparation 11.3. I mentioned that I would go in to more detail on some of the areas that are part of this version and I will cover the new Test Probe Placement capability today. We have added an all new Test Probe Placement Session in 11.3 that performs the physical test probe placement analysis natively within the application. … Read More
Hi there The Valor team are here in San Diego at the IPC Apex Trade Show. We’ve had a great couple of days, meeting our customers, plenty of new ones as well as meeting with some of the other vendors at the show. Our theater presentations have been well received, bringing people in to the booth and then stopping afterwards, asking questions and looking for more information. If you are at the … Read More
Enhancement, documentation, programming, Solder Paste Inspection, AOI, Design For Test, SPI, apex, stencil, testability, Automated Optical Inspection, VPL, BOM, Automated X-Ray Inspection, vPlan, boundary scan, approved vendor list, data preparation, AXI, AVL, bill of materials, Flying Probe, Planning, mixed vendor, OIB, IPC, ICT
Hi there Last week I discussed the new capability in Valor MSS Process Preparation 11.3. I mentioned that I would go in to more detail on some of the areas that are part of this version and I will start with our new capability for inspection machines. There are three main types of automated inspection machines, Automated Optical Inspection (AOI), Automated X-Ray Inspection (AXI) and Solder Paste Inspection … Read More
- A faster way to provide manufacturing data to assembly and test
- Do you use Boundary Scan in your PCB assembly process?
- Juki ISS Interface, now improved
- Where Is The Manufacturing World Coming To?
- Retain your existing investment in assembly programs even if you change your machines
- How do you manage your assembly variants?
- Intelligence? More Like Complete Stupidity...
- How many ratios do you need in your gearbox?
- How many products do you need to group together?
- Nepcon China – The Chinese Way
- June, 2013
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- February, 2013
- New Native Test Probe Placement Analysis within Valor MSS
- Live and Exclusive from IPC Apex, San Diego, CA
- Address Your Challenges And Gain Your ROI Within 9 Months
- Improved inspection data can reduce programming time
- Extreme Chicken & Egg
- Should we focus more on measuring the results, or the processes that get us there?
- New MSS 11.3 enhancements - read all about it
- January, 2013
- December, 2012
- November, 2012
- October, 2012
- September, 2012
- August, 2012
- July, 2012
- Playing Russian Roulette
- Inspection testing : Are you in-line?
- Install and Deploy
- Golden Nuggets – You Want Fries With That?
- Defect opportunities
- Making sense of package creation chaos
- Why IT Managers are engaging in manufacturing Qualty improvement
- DFM in Manufacturing : What are you looking for?
- Going to the ZOO - the Zone of Opportunity
- Calling all SIPLACE pick and place users
- June, 2012
- May, 2012
- Adding the industry's leading DFA capability with non-Valor process engineering solutions
- As the Actress said to the Bishop….. “What are your Key Performance Indicators?”
- Stencil Aperture Ratio Tests : Your input is requested, please
- The World Is Trying It’s Hardest To Leave Me Unimpressed….
- The value of consolidated data preparation
- Get the little things right - consistently
- We're eager to hear your improvement suggestions
- Quality requires intelligence
- April, 2012
- March, 2012
- December, 2011
- November, 2011
- October, 2011
- September, 2011
- August, 2011
- April, 2011
- March, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- December, 2010
- November, 2010
- October, 2010
- September, 2010
- August, 2010
- July, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010