Hi there I spent last week in the wonderful town of Zug about 45 minutes from Zurich in Switzerland. My European colleagues organized a two day seminar for over 60 of our Valor MSS Process Preparation customers at the Siemens facility in Zug. The agenda consisted of some Valor presentations, Valor demostrations of the upcoming software, presentations by actual users of the Process Preparation software … Read More
PCB Manufacturing, Assembly & Test Blog
Posts tagged with 'AVL'
Hi there I have covered a number of areas of process engineering in this blog over the past few months and there is now an opportunity to see how these areas all come together next week in our Webinar titled “World Class Process Preparation”. We will be discussing a number of ways that the users of Valor MSS can streamline their process preparation tasks to make them more efficient and … Read More
Planning, AOI, mixed vendor, BOM, data preparation, documentation, AVL, Flying Probe, bill of materials, ICT, Design For Test, process preparation, vPlan, Webinar, testability, stencil, programming, Sequence
Hi there This week sees the all new Valor MSS 11.2 version that supports all areas of PCB Process Engineering and Shop Floor. One of the new features of this release is the ability to include Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) machines in-line with the SMT placement machines. This provides the ability to create specific AOI programs depending on where the machine is in the line relative to the point … Read More
Okay, well maybe that is a little bit of an exaggeration but there are still many ways to leverage the manufacturer specific package data from the VPL throughout the Process Engineering flow. As a follow up to my last posting I mentioned that I would be talking about the creation and use of manufacturer specific packages. Through the use of the VPL, manufacturer specific packages can be downloaded … Read More
In today’s typical electronic assemblies the single largest cost is the components that make up the assembly. Therefore being able to manage the component supply chain is critical to delivering profitable products for electronic manufacturers. Within the Process Engineering product line of the Valor MSS suite, vPlan provides an unparalleled solution for managing components, Bill of Materials (BOM) … Read More
- Where Is The Manufacturing World Coming To?
- Retain your existing investment in assembly programs even if you change your machines
- How do you manage your assembly variants?
- Intelligence? More Like Complete Stupidity...
- How many ratios do you need in your gearbox?
- How many products do you need to group together?
- Nepcon China – The Chinese Way
- SMT, THT, Test and Inspection Machines. Which do you use?
- New Stencil Design capability in Valor MSS 11.3
- Stop Horsing Around – The Need For Traceability
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- February, 2013
- New Native Test Probe Placement Analysis within Valor MSS
- Live and Exclusive from IPC Apex, San Diego, CA
- Address Your Challenges And Gain Your ROI Within 9 Months
- Improved inspection data can reduce programming time
- Extreme Chicken & Egg
- Should we focus more on measuring the results, or the processes that get us there?
- New MSS 11.3 enhancements - read all about it
- January, 2013
- December, 2012
- November, 2012
- October, 2012
- September, 2012
- August, 2012
- July, 2012
- Playing Russian Roulette
- Inspection testing : Are you in-line?
- Install and Deploy
- Golden Nuggets – You Want Fries With That?
- Defect opportunities
- Making sense of package creation chaos
- Why IT Managers are engaging in manufacturing Qualty improvement
- DFM in Manufacturing : What are you looking for?
- Going to the ZOO - the Zone of Opportunity
- Calling all SIPLACE pick and place users
- June, 2012
- May, 2012
- Adding the industry's leading DFA capability with non-Valor process engineering solutions
- As the Actress said to the Bishop….. “What are your Key Performance Indicators?”
- Stencil Aperture Ratio Tests : Your input is requested, please
- The World Is Trying It’s Hardest To Leave Me Unimpressed….
- The value of consolidated data preparation
- Get the little things right - consistently
- We're eager to hear your improvement suggestions
- Quality requires intelligence
- April, 2012
- March, 2012
- December, 2011
- November, 2011
- October, 2011
- September, 2011
- August, 2011
- April, 2011
- March, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- December, 2010
- November, 2010
- October, 2010
- September, 2010
- August, 2010
- July, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010