Hi there I spent last week in the wonderful town of Zug about 45 minutes from Zurich in Switzerland. My European colleagues organized a two day seminar for over 60 of our Valor MSS Process Preparation customers at the Siemens facility in Zug. The agenda consisted of some Valor presentations, Valor demostrations of the upcoming software, presentations by actual users of the Process Preparation software … Read More
PCB Manufacturing, Assembly & Test Blog
Posts tagged with 'documentation'
Hi there Although the Valor MSS Process Preparation solution can handle most types of data that are passed it’s way, intelligent design data brings a wealth of benefits to its users. The import process is typically a few seconds for most designs as opposed to multiple hours to reverse engineer Gerber files to a sufficient level to be useful for manufacturing. Having to support electrical test … Read More
Hi there I have covered a number of areas of process engineering in this blog over the past few months and there is now an opportunity to see how these areas all come together next week in our Webinar titled “World Class Process Preparation”. We will be discussing a number of ways that the users of Valor MSS can streamline their process preparation tasks to make them more efficient and … Read More
Planning, AOI, mixed vendor, BOM, data preparation, documentation, AVL, Flying Probe, bill of materials, ICT, Design For Test, process preparation, vPlan, Webinar, testability, stencil, programming, Sequence
Hi there One of the least efficient areas in PCB assembly concerns the creation and management of package data that will be consumed across the shop-floor. For example DFM processes rely on accurate package data to determine component to component spacing issues or using accurate pin terminus contact data to ensure that solder joints will form correctly. Accurate package data is critical for DFT analysis … Read More
Dear all It has been a few months but this week I am out at the Mentor Graphics office in Yavne, Israel. I have been working with the R&D team out here on the upcoming versions of our Process Engineering solutions. I certainly appreciate people taking the time to respond to my blog last week on stencil apertures. The new area ratio report as discussed in last week’s blog will be part of the … Read More
We have recently received a number of requests from customers to add the Valor DFA capability to their existing process engineering solutions which were not Valor products. We now have a way to enable the addition of the Valor DFA solution that will work in conjunction with your existing SMT Programming or Documentation Creation solutions. This enables the fast adoption of DFA analysis capability without … Read More
The Valor MSS Suite is now part of Mentor Ideas. I have started this collaborative activity by posting a number of the existing suggestions our customers have provided to give visibility to others to review, provide feedback on as well as to promote and demote. You are also invited to add your own ideas and allow others to comment on those too. As the Product Manager for the Valor MSS Engineering applications … Read More
- Where Is The Manufacturing World Coming To?
- Retain your existing investment in assembly programs even if you change your machines
- How do you manage your assembly variants?
- Intelligence? More Like Complete Stupidity...
- How many ratios do you need in your gearbox?
- How many products do you need to group together?
- Nepcon China – The Chinese Way
- SMT, THT, Test and Inspection Machines. Which do you use?
- New Stencil Design capability in Valor MSS 11.3
- Stop Horsing Around – The Need For Traceability
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- February, 2013
- New Native Test Probe Placement Analysis within Valor MSS
- Live and Exclusive from IPC Apex, San Diego, CA
- Address Your Challenges And Gain Your ROI Within 9 Months
- Improved inspection data can reduce programming time
- Extreme Chicken & Egg
- Should we focus more on measuring the results, or the processes that get us there?
- New MSS 11.3 enhancements - read all about it
- January, 2013
- December, 2012
- November, 2012
- October, 2012
- September, 2012
- August, 2012
- July, 2012
- Playing Russian Roulette
- Inspection testing : Are you in-line?
- Install and Deploy
- Golden Nuggets – You Want Fries With That?
- Defect opportunities
- Making sense of package creation chaos
- Why IT Managers are engaging in manufacturing Qualty improvement
- DFM in Manufacturing : What are you looking for?
- Going to the ZOO - the Zone of Opportunity
- Calling all SIPLACE pick and place users
- June, 2012
- May, 2012
- Adding the industry's leading DFA capability with non-Valor process engineering solutions
- As the Actress said to the Bishop….. “What are your Key Performance Indicators?”
- Stencil Aperture Ratio Tests : Your input is requested, please
- The World Is Trying It’s Hardest To Leave Me Unimpressed….
- The value of consolidated data preparation
- Get the little things right - consistently
- We're eager to hear your improvement suggestions
- Quality requires intelligence
- April, 2012
- March, 2012
- December, 2011
- November, 2011
- October, 2011
- September, 2011
- August, 2011
- April, 2011
- March, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- December, 2010
- November, 2010
- October, 2010
- September, 2010
- August, 2010
- July, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010