Hi there Many of our customers have seen an increase in the number of products that need to be grouped together to enable them to run with a single SMT setup to reduce the time taken for change-over from one product to another. The challenge is knowing which products can be incorporated in to a single group given the unique part numbers on each product and the feeder capacity of each machine in the … Read More
PCB Manufacturing, Assembly & Test Blog
Posts tagged with 'Planning'
Hi there The Valor team are here in San Diego at the IPC Apex Trade Show. We’ve had a great couple of days, meeting our customers, plenty of new ones as well as meeting with some of the other vendors at the show. Our theater presentations have been well received, bringing people in to the booth and then stopping afterwards, asking questions and looking for more information. If you are at the … Read More
Enhancement, documentation, programming, Solder Paste Inspection, AOI, Design For Test, SPI, apex, stencil, testability, Automated Optical Inspection, VPL, BOM, Automated X-Ray Inspection, vPlan, boundary scan, approved vendor list, data preparation, AXI, AVL, bill of materials, Flying Probe, Planning, mixed vendor, OIB, IPC, ICT
Hi there We have just released a new version of Valor MSS (11.3) that brings a number of significant enhancements to existing customers as well as those looking to invest in cutting edge process preparation solutions. I’ll be covering some of these enhancements in more detail in future blogs but here is a short summary of some of the new capability that we have in 11.3. We have made significant … Read More
Hi there Some of you have responsibility for production planning but it may also be handled in other groups. We are hosting a webinar on the often ignored area of production planning next week. I’d urge you to register for this event and let other people in your organization know about it who might benefit from hearing what solutions we have as part of Valor MSS. Below is the link to register … Read More
Hi there Firstly, let me wish you all a Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2013. I appreciate everyone taking the time to read my blog and to also comment on the areas that we have discussed. This week I am going to continue on from my theme from the last posting where I discussed the auto-generation capability in Valor MSS Process Preparation. I described the capability to create machine specific … Read More
Hi there It has been a few months since we launched the World Class Process Preparation Webinar including a video of an overall product demonstration. Over the past couple of months I have met with a number of people who implemented the Valor MSS Process Preparation solution and are achieving the efficiencies and improvements that we describe in the Webinar. Therefore I would like to provide you with … Read More
Hi there I have been posting comments on my blog now for a number of months. The topics have been based on the feedback and conversations I’ve had with many users of Process Engineering software, both Mentor Graphics and non-Mentor Graphics products, all around the world. Many of you have also taken the time to add comments on these postings which I really appreciate. I’d like to open … Read More
Hi there I have covered a number of areas of process engineering in this blog over the past few months and there is now an opportunity to see how these areas all come together next week in our Webinar titled “World Class Process Preparation”. We will be discussing a number of ways that the users of Valor MSS can streamline their process preparation tasks to make them more efficient and … Read More
Planning, AOI, mixed vendor, BOM, data preparation, documentation, AVL, Flying Probe, bill of materials, ICT, Design For Test, process preparation, vPlan, Webinar, testability, stencil, programming, Sequence
Hi there Spreadsheets are probably one of the most useful applications for computers. They were also the “killer app” that allowed computers to take off to the masses. So we have relied more and more on them for every day tasks. One area they are playing a role is in the prioritization of production work orders. It is not uncommon to have to determine which of hundreds of work orders each … Read More
Dear all It has been a few months but this week I am out at the Mentor Graphics office in Yavne, Israel. I have been working with the R&D team out here on the upcoming versions of our Process Engineering solutions. I certainly appreciate people taking the time to respond to my blog last week on stencil apertures. The new area ratio report as discussed in last week’s blog will be part of the … Read More
For the final installment of this series on components, I will discuss the solution that the Valor Division has for dynamic build order management. One of the neglected areas of PCB manufacturing is being able to sequence and then react to the day to day challenges of meeting production goals. For example, when many different products needs to be built, on multiple lines, with different configurations … Read More
- Do you use Boundary Scan in your PCB assembly process?
- Juki ISS Interface, now improved
- Where Is The Manufacturing World Coming To?
- Retain your existing investment in assembly programs even if you change your machines
- How do you manage your assembly variants?
- Intelligence? More Like Complete Stupidity...
- How many ratios do you need in your gearbox?
- How many products do you need to group together?
- Nepcon China – The Chinese Way
- SMT, THT, Test and Inspection Machines. Which do you use?
- June, 2013
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- February, 2013
- New Native Test Probe Placement Analysis within Valor MSS
- Live and Exclusive from IPC Apex, San Diego, CA
- Address Your Challenges And Gain Your ROI Within 9 Months
- Improved inspection data can reduce programming time
- Extreme Chicken & Egg
- Should we focus more on measuring the results, or the processes that get us there?
- New MSS 11.3 enhancements - read all about it
- January, 2013
- December, 2012
- November, 2012
- October, 2012
- September, 2012
- August, 2012
- July, 2012
- Playing Russian Roulette
- Inspection testing : Are you in-line?
- Install and Deploy
- Golden Nuggets – You Want Fries With That?
- Defect opportunities
- Making sense of package creation chaos
- Why IT Managers are engaging in manufacturing Qualty improvement
- DFM in Manufacturing : What are you looking for?
- Going to the ZOO - the Zone of Opportunity
- Calling all SIPLACE pick and place users
- June, 2012
- May, 2012
- Adding the industry's leading DFA capability with non-Valor process engineering solutions
- As the Actress said to the Bishop….. “What are your Key Performance Indicators?”
- Stencil Aperture Ratio Tests : Your input is requested, please
- The World Is Trying It’s Hardest To Leave Me Unimpressed….
- The value of consolidated data preparation
- Get the little things right - consistently
- We're eager to hear your improvement suggestions
- Quality requires intelligence
- April, 2012
- March, 2012
- December, 2011
- November, 2011
- October, 2011
- September, 2011
- August, 2011
- April, 2011
- March, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- December, 2010
- November, 2010
- October, 2010
- September, 2010
- August, 2010
- July, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010