Hi there Firstly, let me wish you all a Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2013. I appreciate everyone taking the time to read my blog and to also comment on the areas that we have discussed. This week I am going to continue on from my theme from the last posting where I discussed the auto-generation capability in Valor MSS Process Preparation. I described the capability to create machine specific … Read More
PCB Manufacturing, Assembly & Test Blog
Posts tagged with 'process'
Hi there I have talked about the Valor MSS unique capability to use the Valor Parts Library or VPL in multiple ways during PCB manufacturing. VPL data is manufacturer specific information about the actual component body and pin areas that can be used for multiple uses across DFM, Stencil, Documentation, SMT programming, test programming and inspection programming. I’d like to focus the specifics … Read More
Hi there It has been a few months since we launched the World Class Process Preparation Webinar including a video of an overall product demonstration. Over the past couple of months I have met with a number of people who implemented the Valor MSS Process Preparation solution and are achieving the efficiencies and improvements that we describe in the Webinar. Therefore I would like to provide you with … Read More
Hi there I have been posting comments on my blog now for a number of months. The topics have been based on the feedback and conversations I’ve had with many users of Process Engineering software, both Mentor Graphics and non-Mentor Graphics products, all around the world. Many of you have also taken the time to add comments on these postings which I really appreciate. I’d like to open … Read More
Hi there The configuration of SMT lines has changed a number of times over the years. A few years ago lines were configured with a best-in-class requirement, where the line was configured with the chip shooters being supplied from one vendor and the fine pitch machines being from another vendor. In recent years though, may be with the introduction of modular machines and dual line capability, there … Read More
Hi there I spent last week in the wonderful town of Zug about 45 minutes from Zurich in Switzerland. My European colleagues organized a two day seminar for over 60 of our Valor MSS Process Preparation customers at the Siemens facility in Zug. The agenda consisted of some Valor presentations, Valor demostrations of the upcoming software, presentations by actual users of the Process Preparation software … Read More
Hi there This week sees the all new Valor MSS 11.2 version that supports all areas of PCB Process Engineering and Shop Floor. One of the new features of this release is the ability to include Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) machines in-line with the SMT placement machines. This provides the ability to create specific AOI programs depending on where the machine is in the line relative to the point … Read More
Hi there One of the least efficient areas in PCB assembly concerns the creation and management of package data that will be consumed across the shop-floor. For example DFM processes rely on accurate package data to determine component to component spacing issues or using accurate pin terminus contact data to ensure that solder joints will form correctly. Accurate package data is critical for DFT analysis … Read More
Hi there One of the largest groups of users within Valor MSS Process Preparation for SMT programming is those supporting ASM, formerly Siemens, pick and place machines. ASM has released their OIB interface as a single API for both programming and monitoring for external applications to use. This has the benefit for third party applications to have an open interface that can be programmed to consistently … Read More
Hi there Spreadsheets are probably one of the most useful applications for computers. They were also the “killer app” that allowed computers to take off to the masses. So we have relied more and more on them for every day tasks. One area they are playing a role is in the prioritization of production work orders. It is not uncommon to have to determine which of hundreds of work orders each … Read More
The Valor MSS Suite is now part of Mentor Ideas. I have started this collaborative activity by posting a number of the existing suggestions our customers have provided to give visibility to others to review, provide feedback on as well as to promote and demote. You are also invited to add your own ideas and allow others to comment on those too. As the Product Manager for the Valor MSS Engineering applications … Read More
- Where Is The Manufacturing World Coming To?
- Retain your existing investment in assembly programs even if you change your machines
- How do you manage your assembly variants?
- Intelligence? More Like Complete Stupidity...
- How many ratios do you need in your gearbox?
- How many products do you need to group together?
- Nepcon China – The Chinese Way
- SMT, THT, Test and Inspection Machines. Which do you use?
- New Stencil Design capability in Valor MSS 11.3
- Stop Horsing Around – The Need For Traceability
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- February, 2013
- New Native Test Probe Placement Analysis within Valor MSS
- Live and Exclusive from IPC Apex, San Diego, CA
- Address Your Challenges And Gain Your ROI Within 9 Months
- Improved inspection data can reduce programming time
- Extreme Chicken & Egg
- Should we focus more on measuring the results, or the processes that get us there?
- New MSS 11.3 enhancements - read all about it
- January, 2013
- December, 2012
- November, 2012
- October, 2012
- September, 2012
- August, 2012
- July, 2012
- Playing Russian Roulette
- Inspection testing : Are you in-line?
- Install and Deploy
- Golden Nuggets – You Want Fries With That?
- Defect opportunities
- Making sense of package creation chaos
- Why IT Managers are engaging in manufacturing Qualty improvement
- DFM in Manufacturing : What are you looking for?
- Going to the ZOO - the Zone of Opportunity
- Calling all SIPLACE pick and place users
- June, 2012
- May, 2012
- Adding the industry's leading DFA capability with non-Valor process engineering solutions
- As the Actress said to the Bishop….. “What are your Key Performance Indicators?”
- Stencil Aperture Ratio Tests : Your input is requested, please
- The World Is Trying It’s Hardest To Leave Me Unimpressed….
- The value of consolidated data preparation
- Get the little things right - consistently
- We're eager to hear your improvement suggestions
- Quality requires intelligence
- April, 2012
- March, 2012
- December, 2011
- November, 2011
- October, 2011
- September, 2011
- August, 2011
- April, 2011
- March, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- December, 2010
- November, 2010
- October, 2010
- September, 2010
- August, 2010
- July, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010