Production Schedules….Scheduled! – “General Guidelines” In this post, I’d like to review some basic guidelines that most production planners and schedulers seem to agree upon. Not meant to be the cure-all defacto standard, but based on polling several factories of various sizes and strategy seems to be a core list. 1) Plan the schedule to ensure up to 99% capacity of the bottleneck operation … Read More
PCB Manufacturing, Assembly & Test Blog
Posts tagged with 'Production Planning'
“Strategic Alignment” There are many variables the influence meeting production schedules. One of which is factory strategic alignment. The goals of a factory are heavily influenced by the incentive programs deployed in the factory. These incentives should be driven by that organization’s competitive strategy in their markets. Are they focused on advanced technology, low-cost producer, highest … Read More
Production planning is a dynamic problem to solve, as the variables seem infinite. As more and more global regions move to high-mix with increasing volume production, the planning task of running multiple products effectively through existing assets and resources poses a significant scheduling challenge. Manufacturing plants today are challenged with shipping the required quantity of products on time, … Read More
Our electronics manufacturing factories today are finally picking up steam. This is creating pressure on many companies who are looking for ways to improve performance-to-schedule. One of the most important factors in attracting and keeping customers, is the ability to continuously meet delivery commitments for production and to keep the delivery time as short as possible. This is especially true in … Read More
- Where Is The Manufacturing World Coming To?
- Retain your existing investment in assembly programs even if you change your machines
- How do you manage your assembly variants?
- Intelligence? More Like Complete Stupidity...
- How many ratios do you need in your gearbox?
- How many products do you need to group together?
- Nepcon China – The Chinese Way
- SMT, THT, Test and Inspection Machines. Which do you use?
- New Stencil Design capability in Valor MSS 11.3
- Stop Horsing Around – The Need For Traceability
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- February, 2013
- New Native Test Probe Placement Analysis within Valor MSS
- Live and Exclusive from IPC Apex, San Diego, CA
- Address Your Challenges And Gain Your ROI Within 9 Months
- Improved inspection data can reduce programming time
- Extreme Chicken & Egg
- Should we focus more on measuring the results, or the processes that get us there?
- New MSS 11.3 enhancements - read all about it
- January, 2013
- December, 2012
- November, 2012
- October, 2012
- September, 2012
- August, 2012
- July, 2012
- Playing Russian Roulette
- Inspection testing : Are you in-line?
- Install and Deploy
- Golden Nuggets – You Want Fries With That?
- Defect opportunities
- Making sense of package creation chaos
- Why IT Managers are engaging in manufacturing Qualty improvement
- DFM in Manufacturing : What are you looking for?
- Going to the ZOO - the Zone of Opportunity
- Calling all SIPLACE pick and place users
- June, 2012
- May, 2012
- Adding the industry's leading DFA capability with non-Valor process engineering solutions
- As the Actress said to the Bishop….. “What are your Key Performance Indicators?”
- Stencil Aperture Ratio Tests : Your input is requested, please
- The World Is Trying It’s Hardest To Leave Me Unimpressed….
- The value of consolidated data preparation
- Get the little things right - consistently
- We're eager to hear your improvement suggestions
- Quality requires intelligence
- April, 2012
- March, 2012
- December, 2011
- November, 2011
- October, 2011
- September, 2011
- August, 2011
- April, 2011
- March, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- December, 2010
- November, 2010
- October, 2010
- September, 2010
- August, 2010
- July, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010