“Extreme” Production Planning
On-demand Web Seminar
Existing tools for planning, including excel, ERP and generic scheduling systems are completely inadequate for the SMT area due to the nature and complexity of the operation and materials. Effective automated planning is the “final frontier” for MES especially in the SMT environment where so many factors, constraints and demands exist which all need consolidating into the final plan.
This webinar goes through each of these constraints and shows how one simple tool can successfully bring all of these elements together in an agile automated planning process specifically designed to accommodate SMT.
What You Will Learn
- It is possible to effectively plan SMT operations with an automated tool
- Efficiency, changeovers, lot sizes, sequences, resources can be considered / optimized
- Dynamic properties can be configured based on actual conditions at any time
- Integration with Process Preparation actual engineering data is a key for success
- The relationship of ‘extreme planning’ tools with ERP solutions
- The benefits from the use of the “extreme planning” tool
About the Presenter
Mark Laing has over 20 years experience in the PCB Assembly and Test industry. He has an in-depth knowledge of Assembly, Test, and Inspection, including distributed test strategy analysis. Mark has a Bachelors degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Loughborough University of Technology.
Who Should Attend
- Manufacturing & Assembly Management of companies that need to be competitive and successful
- SMT & PCB Assembly Managers & Engineers responsible for planning and production
- Anyone involved with PCB Assembly who believes that their plant could run more efficiently
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Manage Your Data Flow to Gain Visibility into Production Operations
The Valor Information Highway: There are many complex elements that contribute together to make the shop-floor effectively.
Secrets Of The Intelligent Repair Station
This webinar will look specifically at the role of an advanced intelligent repair work-station as part of the integrated quality system. We will discuss how to realize and reduced the cost of repair,...
End-to-End Solution for PCBA Manufacturing at RH Technologies
RH Technologies is a global contract manufacturer serving the electronics markets for industrial, communications, aerospace, defense and medical equipment. When they needed a complete end-to-end solution...