Lean Material Management Meets Family Setups
Two key technologies for material management seem to be contradictory on the shop-floor, that for the Lean “Just In Time” materials logistics and that for the shop-floor based material storage for family setups. Each of these technologies yield significant benefits, but often fails in reality to work together.
This webinar looks into the key new technology that allows lean logistics to work together with family setups and the work-order schedule harmoniously to achieve the ideal complimentary logistics solution creating the opportunity for very significant material and operational cost savings.
What You Will Learn
- What is “Just In Time” Lean materials logistics
- How Lean material logistics works, what are the benefits
- What are family setups, how they work and what are the benefits
- How can optimization of both Lean materials and family setups work together
- Discussion of agility of materials and planning on the shop floor
About the Presenter
Bruce A. Isbell
Sr. Strategic Marketing Manager, Valor LTD.
Mr. Isbell has worked “hands on” in the electronics manufacturing industry for 30 years. His experience on the shop floor as a process engineer spans across low volume complex boards for the military at Texas Instruments, to very high volume boards for telecommunications at Motorola. For the past 12 years Mr. Isbell has utilized his manufacturing experience to refocus his career to help others achieve high productivity by providing software solutions to electronics manufacturers. Mr. Isbell joined Valor in 2000 and is now the Sr. Strategic Marketing Manager on the corporate marketing team.
Who Should Attend
- Manufacturing & Assembly Management of companies that need to be competitive and successful
- SMT & PCB Assembly Managers & Engineers responsible for performance
- Anyone involved with PCB Assembly who believes that their plant could run more efficiently
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.