"World-Class” Process Preparation
On-demand Web Seminar
To ensure your projects and your shop produce profit for your business unit starts with proper project setup and planning. To achieve profit in PCB assembly manufacturing, key products need to be set up and introduced quickly while accurately taking in and indexing every available source of data.
Analysis of the manufacturability, setting up data for the appropriate processes, optimizing the operations, delivering information to machines as programs and documentation to operators are all of key importance. Without a “world-class” system based on best practices, opportunity and margins are lost. Need-less lead-times, excess engineering work and costs of coping with mistakes and unexpected surprises all contribute to higher assembly costs.
In this webinar, we will discuss and define the “world-class” best practices of Process Preparation and demonstrate the benefits and values that are achieved through integration of all engineering needs under one platform.
What You Will Learn
- The importance of a single source integrated engineering data platform
- How new product introduction lead-time and cost can be saved
- How line time trial and error is replaced with off-line simulation
- The essential tools needed to avoid mistakes propagating through the process
- The importance of accurate engineering data for planning and manufacturing execution
About the Presenter
Senior Marketing Development Manager, Valor Division, Mentor Graphics
Michael started his career as one of the earliest adopters of computer systems for electronics manufacturing, working for Sony initially as a system development engineer, going on to manage Sony’s corporate global Lean Manufacturing MES project, “TiMMS”, in Japan.
With over 25 years’ experience, Michael continuously drives the vision to bring unique exciting “real-world” solutions that deliver extra-ordinary value into the market. Michael is currently responsible for the Marketing Development group focussing on the realisation of the vision as direct benefit opportunities to customers including efficiency, agility, “Lean” and the environment, culminating in the Valor MSS product suite.
Who Should Attend
- Managers & Directors of Manufacturing
- Managers & Directors of Planning
- Managers & Directors of Materials
- Managers & Directors of Engineering
- Anyone involved with PCB Assembly
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Improve Your Design Cycle Through Manufacturing Flow
One of the most important stages of getting a product from design to manufacturing is New Product Introduction, or NPI. In this paper, we examine a more efficient approach to the New Product Introduction...
Process Preparation Product Demo
View how a single solution can enable you to get it done right the first time, in half the time. Manage multiple parts & packages libraries across your process preparation work flow, decrease your process...
How to Streamline PCB Assembly Operations with Valor Process Preparation
Do inefficiencies in your PCB manufacturing line cause problems with new product builds? Are multiple groups and toolsets causing redundant effort? Mentor Graphics' Valor MSS empowers your engineers to...