“Extreme” Production Planning
On-demand Web Seminar
Existing tools for planning, including excel, ERP and generic scheduling systems are completely inadequate for the SMT area due to the nature and complexity of the operation and materials. Effective automated planning is the “final frontier” for MES especially in the SMT environment where so many factors, constraints and demands exist which all need consolidating into the final plan.
This webinar goes through each of these constraints and shows how one simple tool can successfully bring all of these elements together in an agile automated planning process specifically designed to accommodate SMT.
What You Will Learn
- It is possible to effectively plan SMT operations with an automated tool
- Efficiency, changeovers, lot sizes, sequences, resources can be considered / optimized
- Dynamic properties can be configured based on actual conditions at any time
- Integration with Process Preparation actual engineering data is a key for success
- The relationship of ‘extreme planning’ tools with ERP solutions
- The benefits from the use of the “extreme planning” tool
About the Presenter
Mark Laing has over 20 years experience in the PCB Assembly and Test industry. He has an in-depth knowledge of Assembly, Test, and Inspection, including distributed test strategy analysis. Mark has a Bachelors degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Loughborough University of Technology.
Who Should View
- Manufacturing & Assembly Management of companies that need to be competitive and successful
- SMT & PCB Assembly Managers & Engineers responsible for planning and production
- Anyone involved with PCB Assembly who believes that their plant could run more efficiently
This webinar will look specifically at the role of an advanced intelligent repair work-station as part of the integrated quality system. We will discuss how to realize and reduced the cost of repair,...…View On-demand Web Seminar
RH Technologies is a global contract manufacturer serving the electronics markets for industrial, communications, aerospace, defense and medical equipment. When they needed a complete end-to-end solution...…View Testimonial
Other Related Resources
White Paper: When considering electronic product development we often think of design and manufacturing as two separate processes, with some interdependencies. But we seldom think of the processes as a continuum and...…View White Paper
White Paper: Valor MSS suite of solutions for electronics manufacturing has direct application for improving the competitive posture of manufactures of automotive systems. This white paper will illustrate a few of the...…View White Paper
White Paper: Business Intelligence (BI) is a current hot topic among managers at all levels in electronics manufacturing. Intelligence in business — sounds like a 'must have'; who wouldn't want it? And it's never...…View White Paper