Optimize inventory level and material flow to production
Valor MSS Material Management places the right material at the right place at the right time. The demand signals that drive just-in-time logistics for optimal material flow are created by tight, real-time integration to the equipment on the shop floor.
- Reduce work-in-progress (WIP) and general inventory by eliminating huge material kits and line storage
- Improve responsiveness to change orders by eliminating recall of stock from the line
- Improve line effectiveness by reducing changeover time with "guided" changeovers
- Avoid bottlenecks with balanced material delivery
- Improve high mix/low volume productivity with family setups including full support for single trolleys or grouped trolleys
- Improve line operator efficiency with automated guidance of what material is needed next and where it is needed. Operators focus only on handling the material
- Reduce cost of obsolete parts because of lower inventory levels
- Reduce floor space requirements by reducing WIP and inventory
- Improve ERP effectiveness by feeding material movements, actual consumption and waste into ERP/MRP system with automated counts on all reels for improved accuracy
The Business Of Supply Chain Issues
At APEX this year, I was talking about material inventory integrity across the factory shop-floor and warehouse infrastructure, and the huge effect that it can have on the bottom line of any manufacturing...