Valor® MSS Process Preparation for PCB Assembly and Test
The Valor MSS Process Preparation module is a complete engineering solution for DFx, process development and test engineering for PCB assembly operations. It improves the efficiency and quality of PCB assembly with tools such as optimized front-end DFA analysis, BOM validation, stencil design, SMT programming and line balancing.
Streamline engineering tasks with
Phoenix Contact used Valor MSS Process Preparation to reduce time to market and production costs without affecting quality. Learn more
Valor MSS Process Preparation facilitates complete setup of your manufacturing line for a new product build, streamlining the flow of SMT, through-hole technology (THT) and other manufacturing processes. The software can be easily configured for the type of user and your particular workflow.
The module creates engineering outputs for each product, based on a central database of engineering data, ODB++, BOM files and manufacturing process definitions. By using a common data model, Valor MSS Process Preparation ensures coordinated, error-free outputs for assembly test and inspection.
- Balanced production lines and a balanced factory ensure optimum efficiency
- Machines operate more efficiently with less waste due to process management automation
- Line set-up and planning are much quicker with the help of the tool
- Integration of preparation and analysis tools provides “right-first-time” new product preparation
- Quicker setup for SMT, and electrical test and inspection means reduced cost and greater throughput
- Extensive DFA analysis ensures reduced ICT fixture cost and fewer board spins
- Automatically compile manufacturing and customer documentation, improving communications internally and with the customer
Data Preparation for SMT and PCB Assembly Demo
Product Demo SMT Process Engineering demonstration of gathering essential data, neutralizing the CAD design data, parsing the Bill of Materials(BOM) and syncing the BOM and Approved Vendor List (AVL) part numbers and...
The Data Preparation sub-module supports a wide set of CAD and CAM data formats to create PCA data. Features include:
- Complex BOM file support
- A central master part library (MPL) with part numbers and attributes that supports all manufacturing, test, and inspection processes
- Common product data model
- Highly streamlined, repeatable work flow (ideal for new product introductions)
- CAM data output option that supports eight different outputs to export data into industry formats.
DFM for PCB Assembly Demo
Product Demo SMT Process Engineering demonstration of analyzing the SMT product for manufacturability and testability. Utilizes the accurate geometric component shapes and attributes from the VPL. Component...
DFA Analysis consists of a group of manufacturing-focused checks that cover external fabrication and assembly analysis for both single PCB and PCB panels.
- Highly repeatable, extensive processes ensure that the PCA can be assembled according to process limitations with high quality
- Automates processes to provide accurate information quickly, suitable for quoting purposes
- Provides objective feedback to the PCB design team, ensuring a more manufacturable design
- Component shapes and pin sizes can be pulled from the Valor Part Library (VPL) for more accurate component dimensions and pin-to-pad analysis
SMT Multi Vendor Programming & Part Data Management
SMT Programming Demo
Product Demo SMT Process Engineering demonstration of programming and optimization of SMT placement machines, for single platform and multi-platform line configurations. Includes rotation neutralization, virtual...
The SMT programming sub-module is a complete SMT programming solution for all supported machine models, including part data models.
- Includes Virtual Sticky Tape, which finds and fixes all component rotation or X-Y position programming errors offline, before you run the first board
- Offline process simulation prevents loss of production time when troubleshooting programming data
- The auto-generation option creates complete, ready-to-run programs that include machine-specific shape and supply form data that have been auto-generated from a neutral shape into the target machine-specific part
- The optimization and balancing option provides iterative line balancing and machine optimization of supported machines and grouping of multiple products into the fewest number of product groups, based on line capability and part commonality
- Multi-vendor optimization and balancing option allows managers to create and program mixed vendor lines
Documentation For Manual Assembly, Test & Inspection
Shop Floor Documentation Demo
Product Demo SMT Process Engineering demonstration for creating shop floor work instruction documents, based on neutralized CAD data and accurate component shapes from the VPL. Documents are built up a from smart...
The Documentation sub-module creates clear work instructions for assembly processes. It eliminates production process errors by synchronizing each SMT, THT and hand-assembly process to its corresponding work instruction, and automatically updates.
Documents can be output as read-only PDF sets, or as an interactive document viewed through the Valor Document Viewer.
Solder Stencil Review and Customization Demo
Product Demo SMT Process Engineering demonstration of a stencil design session where the neutralized CAD or Gerber data is isolated for the all SMT component footprints with advanced tools for resizing the apertures,...
The Stencil Design sub-module optimizes stencil design, reduces errors and shortens the review cycle between the manufacturer and the stencil supplier.
It uses the same common datasets as other Valor processes, ensuring a streamlined, error-free workflow. In addition to creating the paste stencil, it will also save the design to ODB++ or RS-274X Gerber files.
In-line Inspection Engineering Demo
Product Demo SMT Process Engineering demonstration of full engineering support for inspection program development and fixture design for ICT and fixture...
Use the Inspection Programming sub-module to create machine-specific automated optical inspection (AOI) and automated optical x-ray inspection (AXI) output files on supported platforms.
It optimizes the product data model and MPL during the DFx analysis, to support test and inspection programming.
Test Engineering Demo
Product Demo SMT Process Engineering demonstration of DFT, or Design for Test, where the software evaluates the test point coverage of the netlist based on access to pins, pads and test points. Includes full engineering...
Create machine-specific ICT and FPT output files for supported platforms including physical design for test (DFT) analysis.
The optional fixture reuse feature performs automated analysis of fixture files on new revisions of a PCB, determining which test probes can be altered.