Designing SERDES Links with Confidence: Modeling, Simulation, and Measurement of a 12.5-Gbps Channel
On-demand Web Seminar
Have you ever wondered how closely analysis results can match reality at data rates above 10 Gbps?
To find out for sure, Mentor Graphics recently partnered with Eric Bogatin and other industry specialists and — for a real system running at 12.5 Gbps — carefully compared lab measurements to the results of HyperLynx simulations.
If you’re going to make high-stakes design decisions based on analysis, you need to have confidence in your simulation flow. We’ll show the results of our technical investigation, and discuss the major challenges and solutions in successful analysis-based SERDES-channel design.
What You Will Learn
- How to efficiently characterize the electrical performance of multi-Gbps channels in the frequency and time domains
- How to apply solution space analysis to make cost/performance trade-offs
- How to quantify the channel performance penalties incurred by introducing small asymmetries in its layout
- How you can get your multi-Gbps serial design right the first time
About the Presenter
Chuck Ferry is a product marketing manager for high-speed tools at Mentor Graphics. Focused on product definition for innovative industry-leading signal and power integrity solutions, Chuck has spent the last 12 years tackling a broad range of high-speed digital design challenges, spanning from system-level mother-board design to multi-gigabit channel analysis to developing and incorporating detailed characterizations of the IC, packages, connectors, and multiple boards.
Who Should Attend
- Signal integrity specialists
- Design engineers
- Engineering managers
- Project managers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.