Enhancing Manufacturing Data Preparation and Output with Lean NPI
On-demand Web Seminar
As part of the Lean NPI process, engineers can enhance ODB++ data by adding extra intelligence to define exactly what is to be manufactured without the need for additional drawings and instructions. Valor NPI is used to build the “product model” definition that multiple suppliers can use to manufacture identical and correct products. This “master” ODB++ data can be used to configure and generate the final manufacturing output.
What You Will Learn
- Why ODB++ is the best practice, integrated, intelligent and dedicated manufacturing data output.
- How Valor NPI eliminates the need for drawings, instructions and product specifications.
- How users can configure ODB++ for manufacturing output.
About the Presenter
James Dowding is the Technical Marketing Engineer for the Valor DFM Division of Mentor Graphics. James has 25 years’ electronics industry experience as a PCB Design Engineer working for various PCB design service providers, manufacturers, and electronic product development companies, including Nokia. James is an accomplished PCB design authority and over the span of his career has been instrumental in developing PCB design and quality processes, manufacturing data hand-off procedures and design for manufacture (DFM) system management. More recently James has specialised in DFM and Lean New Product Introduction (NPI) Best Practices
Who Should Attend
- PCB designers
- NPI engineers
- Production engineers
- PCB design / product development managers
- Project managers
- Program managers
- Supply chain
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Lean NPI Implementation: Before and After
Learn how adopting a Lean NPI business process has improved and enhanced the operation of a real-life PCB design and EMS service provider.
Integrating Assembly Panel Design in the NPI Process
This webinar details Mentor Graphics’ best practice NPI process flow and the integration of the Assembly Panel Design tool within that flow. Included is a demonstration of the Valor NPI Assembly Panel...
Managing DFM Validation for PCB Assembly and Test Processes
Managing DFM Validation for PCB Assembly and Test Processes Design for Assembly and Test is an essential stage in the NPI process. Using Valor NPI to perform DFM analysis during the design flow eliminates...