High Speed Digital & Mixed Analog-Digital System Designers
This is a one day "how to do it right the first time" class for EE's and CAD Layout Designers who need to build digital / digital-analog systems that are functional, reliable and quiet.
"Right the First Time" designs require knowledge, planning, and analysis. As a result you can save the aggravation of multiple board spins that blow through both budgets and contract delivery dates.
What You Will Learn
- PCB Stack-up .... What is a good high speed stack-up and why?
- Understanding Routing Topology & Termination for:
- SDRAM / DDR2/3..Single ended signaling (Busses, Clocks, & Strobes)
- LVDS differential signaling vs true differential signaling
- SERDES (PCI Express, XAUI, etc)
- Building a Quiet Power Delivery Network
- How do planes, capacitors, and capacitor mounting choices effect
- Power Delivery Impedance, Driver & Receiver Performance, and Ground Plane Noise
- Eliminate EMI Issues by understanding how:
- Proper Signal Integrity and Power Integrity design minimizes noise creation
- Proper Component Placement and Routing eliminates antennae creation
- Proper I/O filtering to keeps noise off I/O leads
- Proper I/O shielding works to eliminate noise from differential I/O signals
- Create Solid Analog Digital Systems that maximize isolation while maintaining quiet high speed communications
- Learn the Basic Theory of Electric & Magnetic Shielding. Don't complain that it does not work if you don't understand how it works.
Who Should Attend
- PCB Designers
- Engineering Managers
- Design Engineers
Modeling Signal Discontinuities in SERDES Channels: Minding the Details without Breaking a Sweat
This webinar will go through the basic steps of creating 3D models for common PCB structures, and then using these models to analyze a high speed serial channel.
HyperLynx SI Opens the Door for New Business at GateWave Northern
Agilent reduced typical 4-8 week times to layout one FPGA to 1-2 weeks using Xpedition's FPGA I/O optimization.
Design of Power-Distribution Networks in the Era of Proliferating Voltage Levels and High Current Demands
This online webinar examines several examples where HyperLynx PI can be used to guarantee both DC and AC power requirements are comfortably met.