HyperLynx Hands-On Workshop
Attend this FREE "Hands-On Workshop" focused on the practical applications of signal integrity analysis using HyperLynx SI. The workshop begins with classic signal integrity analysis topics and continues with a discussion of today's high speed design challenges and methodologies. We will study next generation high speed digital interconnects and the importance of advanced modeling techniques for transceivers, loss and discontinuities.
A FREE lunch will be provided during the event. Seating is limited, so register now to reserve your space. We will send you an email to confirm your registration and attendance and provide location details.
What You Will Learn
The day will be divided into 5 sessions:
- Review of classic signal integrity analysis using HyperLynx LineSim for simulations of interconnect technologies
- Addressing post-route PCB verification techniques using HyperLynx BoardSim
- SERDES multi-gigabit channel design issues and the role of 3D via modeling, IBIS-AMI models and S-parameters
- Introduction to HyperLynx Power Integrity. Here AC analysis and decoupling capacitor strategies will be discussed as well as DC Drop.
- Overview of HyperLynx 3D EM.
About the Presenter
Ernie joined Trilogic, Inc, a leader in design automation software sales and support, in 1994 after a 20 year career in electronic design and instrumentation, specializing in emulators and logic analyzers. Since then he has leveraged his knowledge of hardware instrumentation to become experienced in the software tools used for electronic design. He has worked with various PCB layout, schematic capture, analog simulation, and signal integrity analysis tools, and is especially interested in the integration of these tools into a design environment. He currently specializes in high speed design, teaching classes, doing presentations, and working one-on-one with customers using the EDA tools from Mentor Graphics. He graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1973 with Bachelors & Masters degrees in Electrical Engineering. His hobbies include chasing Total Solar Eclipses to interesting parts of the world.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers and managers involved in high-speed system design -- particularly in rapid prototyping environments where return on tool investment is critical
- Anyone concerned about high-speed design -- even if you're not a signal integrity or EMI expert
- Current HyperLynx customers who want to learn more about our current release, v8.2.1
- Design and Verification Engineers
Modeling Signal Discontinuities in SERDES Channels: Minding the Details without Breaking a Sweat
This webinar will go through the basic steps of creating 3D models for common PCB structures, and then using these models to analyze a high speed serial channel.
High-Speed PCB Layout: Physical Design Issues of High-Speed Interfaces
Moore’s law, applied to data rates, has pushed PCB circuits so fast that the layout becomes part of the circuit. In designs such as DDR3 and PCIe, the fastest memory and high-speed serial performance...