HyperLynx Hands-On Workshop
Oasis/Mentor Graphics cordially invite you to attend a FREE "Hands-On Workshop" focused on the practical applications of signal integrity analysis using HyperLynx SI. The workshop begins with classic signal integrity analysis topics and continues with a discussion of today's high speed design challenges and methodologies. We will study next generation high speed digital interconnects and the importance of advanced modeling techniques for transceivers, loss and discontinuities.
A FREE lunch will be provided during the event. Seating is limited, so register now to reserve your space. We will send you an email to confirm your registration and attendance and provide location details.
What You Will Learn
The day will be divided into 5 sessions:
- Review of classic signal integrity analysis using HyperLynx LineSim for simulations of interconnect technologies
- Addressing post-route PCB verification techniques using HyperLynx BoardSim
- SERDES multi-gigabit channel design issues and the role of 3D via modeling, IBIS-AMI models and S-parameters
- Introduction to HyperLynx Power Integrity. Here AC analysis and decoupling capacitor strategies will be discussed as well as DC Drop.
- Overview of HyperLynx 3D EM.
About the Presenter
Mike Ashbaugh is a Senior Applications Engineer for Mentor Graphics Global Distribution Channel. He has 24 years of professional experience beginning with 10 years of hardware design followed by 14 years of engineering sales as a Senior Applications Engineer in the EDA industry.
His primary focus most recently, has been "virtual prototyping" and supporting the solutions within the HyperLynx Family of PCB analysis tools. The EDA industry continues to evolve, providing solutions to customers’ ever increasing product design complexities and system challenges. These challenges create an exciting opportunity in the disciplines of high-speed transmission line analysis, signal integrity, power integrity, EMI, thermal and 3D EM analysis.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers and managers involved in high-speed system design -- particularly in rapid prototyping environments where return on tool investment is critical
- Anyone concerned about high-speed design -- even if you're not a signal integrity or EMI expert
- Current HyperLynx customers who want to learn more about our current release, v8.2.1
- Design and Verification Engineers
High-Speed PCB Layout: Physical Design Issues of High-Speed Interfaces
Moore’s law, applied to data rates, has pushed PCB circuits so fast that the layout becomes part of the circuit. In designs such as DDR3 and PCIe, the fastest memory and high-speed serial performance...
Understanding Via Effects
As the demand for fast computation and information transmission has increased dramatically in recent years, many designs have boards with signals operating in the multiple-Gbps range. Advanced memory designs...