MENTOR´s VX platform – Xpedition - next generation of PCB design solution
The VX release of Xpedition is the most significant release of Mentor Graphics PCB in many years, delivering ground breaking innovations in PCB system design methodology, an unparalleled 3D PCB flow including models and library management, integrated SI/PI/Thermal, EMI and DFM analysis, comprehensive collaboration and electrical signoff technology and a design data management environment that sets new standards in engineering information management.
During this seminar you will get an overview of the best-in-class Xpedition design environment, a demonstration of the entire flow and a deep dive into the layout and design validation tools that help to best address design challenges of hand-held consumer electronics, high speed networking and general electronic design environments. You may also get the opportunity to experience the easy-to-use innovations like Sketch Routing for high speed interface routing and full 3D layout yourself.
During the seminar we will also introduce alternative groundbreaking PCB design solutions from Mentor Graphics. At the end of the day you should have found the perfect solution customized for you.
What You Will Learn
How Xpedition can change the way you develop, design and release products
- Consistent system description, partitioning, synchronization of system, PCBs and cables
- Concurrent design capability at every step of the flow.
- Enable efficient data handoff between engineering and layout
- Reduce project schedules with integrated analysis, review & signoff.
The next generation of PCB design solution
- Unparalleled productivity, easy to use for every designer
- Floor planning strategies with hierarchical group placement
- Sketch Routing: ground breaking innovation for highly automated routing of large high speed interfaces with user control and manual route quality
- True 3D PCB: increasing accuracy of electromechanical design with STEP/SAT models
- Simultaneous true team enabled layout without need to split & join
- DFM embedded in layout environment with industry standard Valor NPI
- Integrated EMI and Signal/Power Integrity signoff during layout process
Innovations in data management
- Web based review/collaboration
- 2D/3D Library & Design data management across enterprise
- Quick desktop access to part data; compliance information/cost/availability, etc
- New standards for release independent PLM integration
About the Presenter
Steve Gascoigne received his EE in Electronics from Exeter University. He has 25 years in the electronics industry, including 14 years as a hardware engineer and PCB designer at Plessey and Nortel networks, and 11 years as a field applications engineer.
Who Should Attend
- Electrical Engineers
- Engineering Managers
- Signal/Power integrity engineers and managers
- PCB designers and managers
- DFM & process engineers
- System integrators
- Project managers