Modeling Signal Discontinuities in SERDES Channels: Minding the Details without Breaking a Sweat
On-demand Web Seminar
High-data-rate SERDES links are appearing in droves on PCBs of all types — yet the associated signals contain frequency components well into the multi-GHz range, meaning that structures like vias, connectors, and BGA breakouts all potentially introduce dangerous discontinuities into the channels. The only way to accurately model these effects is to use 3-D electromagnetic analysis, but how can it be done (especially by non-experts) without eating weeks and weeks of tedious analysis time and risking inaccurate results? In addition, how do I know which types of structures need 3-D models?
HyperLynx 3D EM is a full-wave 3D solver that can be used to easily extract physical structures from a PCB design and then generate models for use in frequency or time domain simulations.
This webinar will go through the basic steps of creating 3D models for common PCB structures, and then using these models to analyze a high speed serial channel.
What You Will Learn
- The advantages of using HyperLynx 3D EM over other solutions
- The types of problems that can be solved with HyperLynx 3D EM
- The advanced features in the product
- Applications where 3D analysis can be helpful
- How to put a complete serial channel analysis together
Who Should Attend
- Electrical Engineers involved in signal integrity analysis and board design
- Engineering managers interested in learning about the types of problems HyperLynx 3D EM can solve
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.