Xpedition – Ground breaking innovations in PCB system design methodology
The VX release of Xpedition is the most significant release of Mentor Graphics PCB in many years, delivering ground breaking innovations in PCB system design methodology, an unparalleled 3D PCB flow including models and library management, integrated SI/PI/Thermal, EMI and DFM analysis, comprehensive collaboration and electrical signoff technology and a design data management environment that sets new standards in engineering information management.
During this half day seminar you will get an overview of the best-in-class Xpedition design environment, a demonstration of the entire flow and a deep dive into the layout and design validation tools that help to best address design challenges of hand-held consumer electronics, high speed networking and general electronic design environments. You may also get the opportunity to experience the easy-to-use innovations like Sketch Routing for high speed interface routing and full 3D layout yourself.
Attend this seminar if you want to learn how you could reduce your design cycle time by 40-70%, improve product quality, and reduce cost with the Xpedition design solutions and address the most complex challenges current PCB design tools are not designed to handle. This is your opportunity to learn what the press is calling "mind blowing" and "something I have never seen before" and what many best-in-class companies and technology leaders are using to maintain their edge over the competition.
What you will learn
How Xpedition can change the way you develop, design and release products
- Consistent system description, partitioning, synchronization of system, PCBs and cables
- Concurrent design capability at every step of the flow.
- Enable efficient data handoff between engineering and layout
- Reduce project schedules with integrated analysis, review & signoff.
The next generation of PCB design solution
- Unparalleled productivity, easy to use for every designer
- Floor planning strategies with hierarchical group placement
- Sketch Routing: ground breaking innovation for highly automated routing of large high speed interfaces with user control and manual route quality
- True 3D PCB: increasing accuracy of electromechanical design with STEP/SAT models
- Simultaneous true team enabled layout without need to split & join
- DFM embedded in layout environment with industry standard Valor NPI
- Integrated EMI and Signal/Power Integrity signoff during layout process
Innovations in data management
- Web based review/collaboration
- 2D/3D Library & Design data management across enterprise
- Quick desktop access to part data; compliance information/cost/availability, etc
- New standards for release independent PLM integration