Simplify FPGA Design with VHDL-2008
On-demand Web Seminar
VHDL has long been known as a verbose language and “strongly typed”. VHDL-2008 introduces various constructs with simplified syntax, and thus making it easier to use. While many may consider the changes and additions for VHDL-2008 good for only simulation; synthesis, too, reaps tremendous benefits from the new changes in the language standard. The amount of coding to get the same results has been reduced, the readability and reusability of the HDL has been increased, and complex structures are easier to implement without complex coding deployments.
Please join us in our brief webinar exploration of how VHDL-2008 can not only help simplify your HDL coding, but also help improve your overall design implementation.
What You Will Learn
- Better HDL coding style
- Efficient design optimization
About the Presenter
Bineet Srivastava has over 14 years of FPGA synthesis experience in the area of compiler development for HDLs (Verilog, SystemVerilog and VHDL). Prior to joining Mentor Bineet was with ST Microelectronics. He has done B.Tech.in Computer Science from Kanpur University and Executive MBA from IIM Lucknow.
Who Should Attend
- Design engineers
- Engineering managers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.