Start Smarter with Powerful Layout and Routing in PADS
On-demand Web Seminar
Today’s printed circuit boards are dense and complex. Attend this webinar to learn how PADS can decrease your design time and improve manufacturability of your PCB through powerful layout and routing. We will examine how to reduce layers, vias, and trace lengths through good placement, and how to significantly decrease the time you spend routing your board.
What You Will Learn
- How to decrease cost and design time
- The importance of good placement
- How to improve manufacturability
About the Presenters
Jim is the product marketing manager for the PADS products. He has worked with electrical design tools for more than 20 years, with roles including PCB design, customer support, and application engineering. Jim has a BS of Marketing degree from Alfred University, in Alfred, NY, and continued education in electrical engineering and design.
Tom has been involved in software quality for the last 23 years and was the test manager for PADS software for 20 years. He is a senior member of IEEE, a certified scrum product owner and scrum master. Currently a Process Quality Assurance manager, Tom also trains teams on agile software development. He has a EE bachelors degree and an MBA focused on high-tech management. In his spare time, Tom enjoys playing guitar and piano.
Who Should Attend
- PCB designers
- CAD managers
- Electrical engineers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Start Smarter with Analysis Tools for Desktop PCB Design
Learn how PADS analysis tools can identify critical areas of your circuitry through design simulation. We will examine how to analyze and quickly achieve signal and power integrity, and highlight key reasons...
Overcome Challenges of Your Highly Constrained PCB Design
Attend this webinar to learn how to easily manage your design rules and constraints. We will examine how to create constraints for nets, net classes, and clearance sets, how to establish rule hierarchy,...
Improve Product Quality and Designer Productivity with Design Reuse in PADS
Attend this webinar to learn how PADS can reduce PCB design time through physical design reuse (PDR). We will examine the various uses for PDR, show the positive effects of using your proven circuitry to...