Valor NPI Manufacturing Hand-off Workshop
Valor NPI is the platform that supports Mentor’s recommended best-practice workflow into manufacturing, also known as the Lean NPI process.
V9.4, the latest release of Valor NPI, provides extended functionality covering a wider range of engineering tasks than ever before, yet benefiting from the time-proven Valor technology foundation. If fast, accurate transition of your product-designs into manufacturing is a priority for you, with flexibility across manufacturing suppliers and ramp-to-volume free of revision spins, this hands-on seminar will enable you to assess your options. In this 3-hour hands-on session you will discover how to introduce a more streamlined manufacturing hand-off flow with higher automation, less time-wasting manual data entry and error-prone document interpretation.
The product-level NPI functions of Valor NPI will be evaluated in logical steps; DFM that is concurrent with all leading PCB design systems, followed by setting up your manufacturing-level product-model for optimal DFM and subsequent manufacturing process-preparation, and the maximum integration of product-intelligence for minimum reliance on fragmented documents and drawings. All functions are placed into an automated wizard-driven flow to guarantee that not only will you have all the intelligent NPI functionality you need, but also provide a repeatable and automatic process with built-in quality assurance.
Join other NPI engineers in this focused session dedicated to taking time and cost out of the NPI process, while driving up quality levels across your fabrication and assembly supply chains.
What You Will Learn
You will gain a first-hand understanding of the main functional steps in a best-practice NPI flow.
- Data transfer from design tools into NPI
- ODB++ data, including the latest evolutionary release: version-8
- Concurrent DFM applied to all leading PCB design tools
- DFM Feedback and reporting tools
- Validation of BOM and AVL for correct form/fit on the PCB
- Raising the level of product-model intelligence with virtual documentation
About the Presenter
Technical sessions will be presented by Mentor Graphics' application engineers, product specialists, and market development experts.
Who Should Attend
- NPI Engineers
- DFM Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Manufacturing technical-liaison specialists
Valor NPI Workshop 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Afternoon Snacks included
- NPI overview:- extending the design flow into manufacturing
- Hands-on labs:-
- Concurrent DFM
- Supply-chain data validation (BOM, AVL/Master-Parts-List)
- Manufacturing data preparation and hand-off
- Virtual documentation