Verification Days – Verify your PCBs with HyperLynx
DDRx memory interfaces are ubiquitous in today’s designs, yet validating them is surprisingly complex, requiring thousands of simulations and waveform measurements.
Would you like to know what your real DDRx design margins are and have a chance to improve them before you release your next board?
This morning session of this seminar will explain how to use Mentor Graphics’ market-leading HyperLynx solutions to address the challenges of DDRx designs.
This will include:
- a review of classic signal integrity analysis using HyperLynx LineSim for simulations of interconnect technologies
- addressing post-route PCB verification techniques using HyperLynx BoardSim
- designing for validation for DDRx-Designs
- an introduction to HyperLynx Power Integrity, discussing AC analysis and decoupling capacitor strategies as well as DC Drop
The afternoon session will focus on an hands-on introduction to HyperLynx DRC – in this workshop, you can see and try out yourself in step-by-step exercises how HyperLynx DRC uses PCB design rule checks for issues affecting EMI/EMC, signal integrity, and power integrity in an easy-to-use yet flexible and powerful tool to cover a variety of typical validation problems for all PCB designs.
What You Will Learn
- Create and simulate LineSim free-form schematics
- Investigate stack-up strategies , termination strategies and crosstalk issues
- Identify and debug SI issues for different classes of DDRx signals
- Run BoardSim simulation interactively and in batch mode
- Setup and veryfication of DDRx based memory system by using DDRx wizard both for memory on board and for multiboard configurations
- AC analysis and decoupling capacitors strategies as well as identification of excessive voltage drop and high current density using DC Drop analysis
- Using HyperLynx DRC design rule checks to verify your design for SI, PI, and EMI/EMC issues.
About the Presenter
Steve Gascoigne received his EE in Electronics from Exeter University. He has 25 years in the electronics industry, including 14 years as a hardware engineer and PCB designer at Plessey and Nortel networks, and 11 years as a field applications engineer.
Who Should Attend
- PCB Engineers/Designers
- Project and Engineering Managers
- FPGA/ASIC engineers
- Educational Researchers / Research post-graduates
Modeling Signal Discontinuities in SERDES Channels: Minding the Details without Breaking a Sweat
This webinar will go through the basic steps of creating 3D models for common PCB structures, and then using these models to analyze a high speed serial channel.
HyperLynx SI Opens the Door for New Business at GateWave Northern
Agilent reduced typical 4-8 week times to layout one FPGA to 1-2 weeks using Xpedition's FPGA I/O optimization.
Design of Power-Distribution Networks in the Era of Proliferating Voltage Levels and High Current Demands
This online webinar examines several examples where HyperLynx PI can be used to guarantee both DC and AC power requirements are comfortably met.