Lean NPI integrated into the Xpedition flow
On-demand Web Seminar
An overview of Mentor’s next-generation New Product Introduction (NPI) solution for PCB fabrication, assembly and test, integrated directly into the Xpedition flow. Based on Valor technology, critical aspects of the NPI process are shifted left into the design-domain for faster introduction into high-quality manufacturing:
- DFM analysis embedded in the Xpedition designer’s desktop so the PCB is laid out not only according to design rules but also the rules of the intended manufacturing process.
- Validation of the initial manufacturing BOM against manufacturing process rules.
- Preparation and validation of the final manufacturing-level product data, ready for direct integration into manufacturing process-preparation by your manufacturers.
The Lean NPI solution supports optimal interaction between the designer and NPI coworkers, so Xpedition designers can easily prepare their products for faster, higher-quality manufacturing, without having to be DFM experts.
What You Will Learn
- Best-practice integration and application of manufacturing process rules within the Xpedition PCB layout process.
- The distinction between design rules and manufacturing process rules.
- Comprehensive product-modelling at the NPI level, for maximum intelligence and minimum complexity of hand-off to manufacturing process preparation.
About the Presenter
Julian Coates currently holds the position of Director of Business Development in the Valor Division of Mentor Graphics. From 1998 to 2007 he was Vice President of Marketing at Valor before becoming the Vice President for the Assembly Market at Valor. From 1994 to 1998 Julian was the Managing Director of Valor Computerized Systems NV. Prior to this he was the Northern European Sales Manager and later the Vice President of Sales in Europe for Optrotech, a company that creates tools for manufacturing PCBs. From 1979 to 1986, Mr. Coates worked at British Aerospace as a mechanical design engineer, PCB production engineer and production manager. Julian holds a B.Sc. in Engineering Science from Exeter University.
Who Should View
- PCB Layout designers
- Design-level NPI & manufacturing engineers
- Product/program managers
Quickly Generate Meaningful DFM Reports with Best Practice NPI Report Generator
Join Ammar Abusham, Mentor Graphics Valor DFM expert, as he demonstrates the Valor NPI Report Generator.…
The Lean NPI Design-to-Manufacturing Flow
In this webinar, we will summarize the essentials of DFM and its significance for PCB product-design operations including an introduction to best practice Lean NPI, a flow-based solution for a business...…
Other Related Resources
ODB++ The Most Effective Communications Format For Transferring PCB Design Data To Manufacturing
White Paper: This white paper explains the essential pieces of how PCBs can be manufactured faster with lower supply chain risk, and reduced operational costs . ODB++ can take a lot of cost, time-delay, and quality...…
Try Valor NPI in the Cloud
Virtual Lab: Learn how to DFM-verify our PCB design, compile and verify the complete package of product-model data for hand-off to manufacturing process engineer with Valor NPI…