PADS® personal automated design system provides everything you need for fast, effective PCB design. Proven. Powerful. Easy to use. PADS will improve your design productivity and speed time to market.
PADS unites quick schematic definition with powerful layout, routing, and simulation capabilities, with a clear and connected path to an enterprise flow if your requirements change.
Long a part of the Mentor Graphics PCB lineup, PADS benefits from continuous, solid development and global distribution, making it the most popular desktop PCB software package in the world.
Five reasons to buy PADS
Start smarter with PADS. PADS personal automated design system focuses on the electrical problems and challenges you face every day. Easy to use and technologically superior, PADS gets the job done faster, better, and with greater efficiency than other design tools.
- Best-in-class tools for each step in the design cycle
- Solves the core problems of PCB design
- Easier to use, deploy, and to get the job done
- Built the way you think, tailored to the job you’re doing
Easy constraint management
Constraint definition and verification are critical parts of modern PCB design; without them, many boards will fail. PADS makes it easy to capture multi-level design rules, using dialog boxes to step you through the process. Those rules are then propagated from the schematic to layout and other parts of the design automatically.
- Hierarchical rules include default, class, net, group, pin pair, layer, conditional rules, and component rules
- High-speed rules include differential pairs, matched lengths, maximum and minimum length and support of DDR topology rules (virtual pins and associated nets)
- All rules adhered to by online DRC (design rule checks)
Powerful simulation & analysis
Virtual prototyping, the ability to identify and resolve circuit design concerns early in the development cycle, can save you weeks of time and thousands of dollars for every physical prototype you eliminate. PADS offers more tools for simulation and analysis than any other desktop PCB design tool. They’re easier to use and more capable too.
- Signal integrity – more capacity, better models, the desktop standard
- Thermal integrity – only PADS includes thermal analysis
- Analog simulation – scalable solution with powerful waveform viewer; single schematic eliminates errors
- Manufacturing analysis - resolve manufacturability issues upfront for greatest time and cost savings
Advanced layout & routing
PADS handles the full spectrum of your PCB design needs, from simple two-layered designs to more complex multi-layer designs. It’s one of the reasons PADS is the world’s most widely used PCB layout system. PADS adapts to your design process, giving you the flexibility to design PCBs the way you want, the way you think. With PADS you can get to market fast, with confidence in your results.
- Easy to use and deploy
- Powerful interactive routing
- Tightly integrated with schematic, simulation, and manufacturing
Complete scalability & support
Mentor Graphics is your PCB design solutions leader for PCB strength, stability, scalability, and support. Signal integrity, power integrity, thermal analysis, design for manufacturing, analog simulation, HDL Simulation. Only PADS has it all without relying on third-party providers.
- US-based company, NASDAQ: MENT
- Scalable solutions
- Support – 5 STAR award winner, online knowledge base, phone access
- Active global user base