- Supports "what-if" scenarios in a graphical "sandbox"
- Tightly integrated with the Xpedition Enterprise flow for ease of use
- Communicates to MCAD systems via the electrical design, mechanical design (EDMD), ProSTEP-approved standard XML protocol
- ECAD and MCAD designers can work in the comfort of their own design environments, and quickly and efficiently communicate text and graphics transactions back and forth, as needed
- When mutual agreement is reached between ECAD and MCAD, the changes can be automatically made in the PCB layout
- Collaboration enables ECAD and MCAD teams to optimize electronics within tight form-factor constraints while still meeting quality, reliability, and performance requirements
- Collaboration on what-if scenarios replaces time-consuming re-spins due to errors
- 3D visualization of the PCB and enclosure enables electronics designers to optimize the layout based on mechanical and manufacturability constraints
- Enables accurate and timely bi-directional communication of design change data between ECAD and MCAD
Xpedition xPCB layout combines ease-of-use with advanced functionality, providing designers with the technology to create the most complex designs.
Constraint Manager, formerly Constraint Editor System (CES), provides a common, integrated constraint definition environment for schematic capture & layout