Mentor’s RF design solution provides an industry-first integration of PCB design and RF circuit design. Within the Xpedition™ Enterprise flow, designers can now enter schematics, perform all layout tasks, and prepare data for manufacturing when designing with RF circuits. RF circuits can be bi-directionally transferred to Agilent ADS using the integrated link.
No more schematic “black boxes;" Xpedition produces true RF schematics in system-level design. To fully support RF designs, Xpedition Enterprise has been designed to understand RF, not just translate the design. The library is synchronized with the circuit-simulation model counterpart in the RF simulation environment to ensure that their behavior is identical.
- Eliminate manual data transfer with dynamic integration between Mentor PCB design and industry RF simulation tools
- Enable globally dispersed team collaboration with concurrent schematic and layout design
- PCB and RF environment libraries both understand RF elements and stay in sync throughout the design process
- Modify parametric RF elements within PCB layout to optimize space efficiency
Features & Benefits
- Cuts number of design cycles
- Dramatically cut cycle time for system level RF design
- Local RF library supports variety of commonly used RF elements for microstrip, stripline and multilayer RF designs
- Local system level design database
- Integrated link to Agilent tools: no manual interface
- Circuit netlist sent from schematic or layout over the dynamic link for faster simulation
- Simulate any design object by sending EM simulation data to the Agilent tool
- Re-use RF circuits in other designs
- Design RF in parallel using Xpedition concurrent team design capability