Yes, it’s true that June 7-11 2015 is almost a year away, but it’s not too early to mark your calendar and plan to attend the 52nd Design Automation Conference (DAC) at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
DAC is sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), the Electronic Design Automation Consortium (EDA Consortium), and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). It’s the year’s most important event for engineers who design and develop electronic circuits and systems, and for electronic design automation (EDA) in general. Attendees represent more than 1,000 organizations.
This week the DAC planners named their Executive Committee, headed by Anne Cirkel, a senior director for technology marketing at Mentor Graphics, as General Chair. Anne is an eight-plus year veteran of the Executive Committee, which oversees the exhibition and trade show, plans the technical program, establishes new initiatives, and manages conference operations and publicity. Anne’s has a blog on DAC at https://dac.com/blog/52%20Weeks%20of%20DAC
Co-chairs of the DAC Automotive Track are Anthony Cooprider from Ford Motor Company and Samarjit Chakraborty from the Technical University of Munich. The Automotive Village was a first for DAC this year and automotive electronics design should be even more prominent next June.
Also on the Executive Committee are:
– Chuck Alpert, Cadence, Inc., Vice Chair
– Patrick Groeneveld, Synopsys, Inc., Finance Chair
– Sharon Hu, University of Notre Dame, and Robert Aitken, ARM, Inc., Technical Program Co-Chairs
– Valeria Bertacco, University of Michigan, Panel Chair
– Raymond Rodriguez, Intel Corp., Tutorial Chair
– Michael McNamara, Adapt IP. Inc., IP Track Chair
– Ramesh Karri, New York University, Security Track Chair
– Robert Oshana, Freescale, Inc., Embedded Systems and Software Chair
– Daniel Bourke, Cadence Design Systems, Inc., and Karam Chatha, Qualcomm, Inc., Designer Track Co-Chairs
– Rob van Blommstein, Consultant, Industry Advisory Chair
– Michelle Clancy, Cayenne Communication, LLC, Publicity/Marketing Chair
– Soha Hassoun, Tufts University, Past Chair
– Naehyuck Chang, Seoul National University, ACM SIGDA Representative
– Tiffany Sparks, ARM, Inc., EDA Consortium Representative
– Shishpal Rawat, Intel Corp., IEEE CEDA Representative
If you’re based in or around San Francisco, consider joining the Bay Area Local Committee to work with DAC and the people and companies in Silicon Valley. Call 303-530-4333 to learn more.