Capital Desktop Architect
Optimize platform architecture to minimize cost & weight
Capital Desktop Architect provides a comprehensive environment to model and optimize the physical and electrical architecture of the electrical system platform.
Re-usable signal connectivity diagrams, physical architectures and design rules can be created. A design synthesizer merges signal connectivity with the physical architecture using configurable design rules to create highly accurate designs modelled at the level of individual wires. Flexible metrics such as cost, weight or component re-use are calculated and displayed in real time.
Alternative scenarios can be captured and compared. Re-usable signal connectivity designs and design rules provide a key resource for capturing best electrical design practice and speeding the architectural optimization of future platforms.
Features and Benefits
A design synthesizer merges signal connectivity with the physical architecture using configurable design rules to create highly accurate designs modelled at the level of individual wires
- Easy to use, yet more detailed and accurate than spreadsheet architecture tools
- Rule-driven placement and routing algorithms generate detailed real-world ready-to-build component and wiring layouts – costs, weight and other parameter values are correctly calculated allowing detection of small but significant improvements, not just the major improvements.
- Multiple scenario analysis enables architectural trade-off studies to be performed quickly and accurately
- Rule-driven constraints support capture and implementation of best-practice processes
- Signal connectivity schematics support the creation of re-usable best-practice designs speeding the task of optimizing future platforms