Rules-driven vehicle wiring synthesis
Capital Integrator is the key application for companies that need Generative Design - a breakthrough in the automation of systems integration. Capital Integrator automatically merges generic sub-system signal connectivity with physical topology to generate fully-detailed vehicle wiring designs. This removes a huge part of the system integration task, saving time, improving quality, and leaving engineers free to innovate and investigate a wide range of physical architectures to determine the optimum layout.
Using a correct-by-construction rules paradigm, Capital Integrator automatically merges signal connectivity defined with Capital Logic, with configuration logic and physical topology to place devices and synthesize fully composite, or modular, whole platform wiring designs. Configurable rules control the automated placement of device, the automated routing of signals/wires, splice locations, and other detailed wiring design decisions.
Capital Integrator’s ability to synthesize wiring directly from logical connectivity provides key competitive advantages to users – generic connectivity can be defined once then used in other platforms, providing better standardization, improved reliability from consistent use of best-practice designs, and shorter design cycles.
Features and Benefits
- Automatic synthesis of wiring objects (wires, splices, etc) using configurable rules, simplifying the task of subsystem integration, allowing real-time wiring architecture studies, and ensuring consistent application of intellectual property / engineering best practices.
- Seamless integration within Capital Harness Systems, providing a data- centric environment, easy access to and from other Capital tools, and a common look & feel across the toolset.
- Automatic and manual placement features, providing powerful device packaging capability.
- User-accessed design refinement functions, such as the ability to insert in-line connectors and move splice locations.
- 2_D representation of vehicle topology, enabling simple design visualization
Capital Integrator provides a choice of approaches to defining physical topology – designers can create early concept layouts using Capital Integrator’s 2D layout facility and then synchronize with a 3D CAD model as the design matures; alternatively designers can start directly from a 3D master definition.
A close-coupled interface between Capital Integrator’s 2D layout facility and 3D CAD supports concurrent design activities with 3D CAD at all stages in the design process – from architectural concept through detailed physical design.
Capital Integrator is built on a data-centric backbone that integrates each and every part of the design process, streamlining the flow of information as the design matures, and eliminating the requirement to manipulate files. Capital Integrator’s data-centric backbone simplifies the data management task and eliminates many of the time-consuming and error-prone data-entry tasks required with traditional design tools.
Project management, design management, change management and transparent integration with other enterprise applications are key capabilities of the system.
Design Change Management
The data-centric architecture of Capital is designed to facilitate change processes. Multiple change management capabilities are provided such as tabular & graphical difference reports; version management; and compatibility control (“build lists”).
Project and Process Management
Project norms such as naming conventions, design rule checks, customer options & variants can be defined and automatically applied. Process constraints such as release management sequence, design locking, user permissions and component naming can be mandated.
Extend Capital Integrator
Configurable real time metrics to guide engineering decisions
Engineers often have multiple choices as they progress a design , whether at an early architectural optimization stage or for detailed component selection. These choices impact the ultimate cost, profitability, weight, component count, and a variety of other parameters that contribute towards making the best decisions.
Capital Insight gives engineers real time visibility of the impact of their decisions, and allows systematic trade-off studies to be rapidly conducted. Cost, weight and many other metrics can be compared between designs using a variety of graphical and tabular reporting formats. Metrics are easily configured and can be customized to support business objectives and reflect corporate intellectual property.
Benefits and Features
- Easy to use real time metrics display and comparison tool
- Provides on screen feedback to engineers plus formal reporting outputs
- Manages multiple design scenarios for systematic comparison studies
- Highly configurable metrics underpin support of corporate objectives
- Can use data created within Capital and externally
- Helps engineers make the best decisions and maximize their value-add
- Compatible with Capital Topology, Capital Integrator, Capital HarnessXC, Capital ModularXC
AutoView for Integrator
Automated Wiring Diagram Generation
AutoView for Integrator allows companies to generate wiring diagrams direct from wiring definitions generated by Capital Integrator’s wire synthesis. AutoView technology includes design rules and algorithms to control the layout of the generated diagrams. Generated diagrams can be modified interactively by the user to improve the aesthetics and Autoview can memorize and re-apply these modifications to later design revisions, streamlining the process and minimizing design effort.
Wiring diagrams and designs can be edited in Capital Logic or exported in a variety of graphical formats including hyperl-inked PDF, DXF and CGM.